Alison Krauss Live (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$17.42 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.56 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 5, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
Rolling Stone - 12/12/02, p.98"...Krauss delivers more acoustic country ballads and charming uptempo songs..."
Uncut - 2/03, p.774 stars out of 5 - "...If 2001's NEW FAVOURITE was a high watermark, LIVE is its perfect complement. As a touring ensemble of impeccable musicianship, UNION STATION are almost as astonishing as, say, Dylan's Never Ending Tour troupe..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.A Tribute To Peador O'Donnell / Monkey Let The Hogs Out
- 2.The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn
- 3.Take Me For Longing
- 4.I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow
- 6.We Hide and Seek
- 7.But You Know I Love You
- 8.When You Say Nothing at All
- 9.New Favorite
- 10.Oh, Atlanta
- 11.Down to the River to Pray
- 12.There Is a Reason
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Alison Krauss (vocals, fiddle); Ron Block (vocals, guitar, banjo, dobro); Dan Tyminski (vocals, guitar, mandolin); Barry Bates (vocals, acoustic bass); Jerry Douglas (dobro); Larry (drums, percussion).
Recorded live at The Louisville Palace, Louisville, Kentucky on April 29-30, 2002.
LIVE won the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album. "Cluck Old Hen" won for Best Country Instrumental Performance.
A key contributor to the popular upswing of bluegrass, Alison Krauss & Union Station found their stewardship enlarged even more with the explosive success of the O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? soundtrack. Now furthering the cause is LIVE, a 2-CD set that allows this gaggle of talented musicians to stretch and impress over the course of 25 songs. Recorded over 2 nights at the Louisville Palace in Kentucky, this set list is an interesting mix of old favorites, traditional fare and some fun covers.
Blessed with a shimmering voice that oftentimes is reminiscent of Dolly Parton's, Krauss' crystalline phrasing makes for goosebump inducing versions of songs like the delicate "Ghost In This House" and more rugged "Take Me For Longing." Union Station members also get plenty of licks in performances ranging from Dan Tyminski's rich singing on the traditional "Man of Constant Sorrow" taken from the aforementioned film to Jerry Douglas' laid-back dobro instrumental medley "A Tribute To Peador O'Donnell/Monkey Let The Hogs Out." Of course, nothing says crossover more than a cover of the Bad Company nugget "Oh, Atlanta" which has become a Krauss staple over time.
Three Wooden Crosses: 17 Inspirational Songs From Today's... (CD)
$14.69 CYBER SALE
Paul Simon and Friends - The Library of Congress Gereshwin... (DVD)
$16.18 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 177 ratings.
Based on 177 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Jacksonville City Nights [Australian Bonus Track] (CD)
$12.35 CYBER SALE
Keep on Going: The Rebel & Melodeon Recordings (CD)
$15.08 CYBER SALE
Lonesome and Blue: The Complete County Recordings (CD)
$15.08 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE