Woody Guthrie Columbia River Collection
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Woody Guthrie ~ The Asch Recordings, Volumes 1-4 (4-CD Box Set) ~ $44.98
- by Woody Guthrie ~ Ballads of Sacco & Vanzetti ~ $15.28
- by Woody Guthrie ~ Dust Bowl Ballads [Buddha] ~ $7.67
- by Woody Guthrie ~ Long Ways to Travel: The Unreleased Folkways Masters, 1944-1949 ~ $15.28
- by Woody Guthrie ~ Ultimate Collection (2-CD Import) ~ $8.27
- Released: August 1, 1988
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
- 1.Oregon Trail
- 2.Roll On Columbia
- 3.New Found Land
- 4.Talking Columbia
- 5.Roll Columbia Roll
- 6.Columbia's Waters
- 7.Ramblin' Blues
- 8.It Takes A Married Man To Sing A Worried Song
- 9.Hard Travelin'
- 10.Biggest Thing That Man Has Ever Done
- 11.Jackhammer Blues
- 12.Song Of The Coulee Dam
- 13.Grand Coulee Dam
- 14.Washington Talkin' Blues
- 15.Ramblin' Round
- 16.Pastures Of Plenty
- 17.End Of My Line
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Solo performer: Woody Guthrie (vocals, guitar).
Recorded in 1941.
Adapter: Woody Guthrie.
Personnel: Woody Guthrie (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Woody Guthrie.
In the '30s, Woody Guthrie spent an extended period in the Columbia River valley of the Pacific Northwest. It was here that he wrote many of the songs that helped cement his legend as the pre-eminent American folk singer and songwriter of his generation. These songs are collected on the Rounder compilation THE COLUMBIA RIVER COLLECTION.
Many of the songs are directly related to the river, like the topical odes to the river's then-current WPA projects, "Song of the Coulee Dam," "Grand Coulee Dam," and "The Biggest Thing Man Has Ever Done." Others are paeans to the untamed beauty of the river and its environs, like the majestic "Roll on Columbia." Some songs are dedicated to the workers, like "Jackhammer Blues" and the wry self-parody "It Takes a Married Man to Song a Worried Song." The gospel-tinged "Pastures of Plenty" is the album's highpoint, and one of Guthrie's very best.
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Down the Tracks: Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)(3)
$3.98 on SALE
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 1-4 (CD)(2)
$7.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE