Doris Day With A Smile And a Song (2-CD)
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.13 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 3, 2012
- Label: Sony Masterworks
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.On Moonlight Bay
- 2.Till We Meet Again
- 3.It Had to Be You - (featuring Paul Weston & His Orchestra)
- 4.I'll See You in My Dreams
- 5.It's Magic - (featuring Percy Faith & His Orchestra)
- 6.By the Light of the Silv'ry Moon - (featuring Norman Luboff Choir / Paul Weston & His Orchestra)
- 7.Secret Love
- 8.I Speak to the Stars - (featuring Leith Stevens & His Orchestra)
- 9.Love Me or Leave Me
- 10.At Sundown
- 11.Shaking the Blues Away
- 12.Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera) - (featuring Frank DeVol & His Orchestra)
- 13.Pillow Talk
- 14.My Romance
- 15.Little Girl Blue
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Easy to Love - (featuring Frank DeVol & His Orchestra)
- 3.You Go to My Head
- 4.Don't Take Your Love from Me - (featuring Paul Weston & His Music from Hollywood)
- 5.But Beautiful
- 6.The Song Is You
- 7.Our Love Is Here to Stay - (featuring Frank DeVol & His Orchestra)
- 8.Oh, But I Do
- 9.Here We Go Again - (featuring Jim Harbert & His Orchestra)
- 10.Fools Rush In (Where Angels Fear to Tread) - (featuring Andr‚ Previn Trio)
- 11.In Love in Vain - (featuring Andr‚ Previn Trio)
- 12.With a Smile and a Song - (featuring Jimmy Joyce & His Children's Chorus)
- 13.Desafinado (Slightly Out of Tune)
- 14.Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps (Quizas, Quizas, Quizas)
- 15.There They Are
Liner Note Author: David Foil.
Recording information: 1953/1961.
Photographers: Don Ortiz; Leon Fuchs.
In conjunction with Turner Classic Movies (TCM), With a Smile and a Song presents 30 examples of Doris Day during her popular peak, which is the dozen-year period from the early '50s to the mid-'60s, when she was lighting up the silver screen as well as the charts. Compared to earlier double-length collections (including the one to beat, Golden Girl: Columbia Recordings 1944-1966), this one focuses less on her big-band beginnings and commercial hits, with more time spent on songs from the great American composers and the songs she sang in movies. (Day helped out with the compilation of With a Smile and a Song, which can explain many of the differences.) Of course, there's a spot for her best-loved hit, "Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera)," as well as "Pillow Talk" and "Secret Love" and "By the Light of the Silv'ry Moon." Unlike previous sets, though, this one values her work on the great vocal standards: "You Go to My Head," "My Romance," "Fools Rush In," "But Beautiful," "Our Love Is Here to Stay," "Love Me or Leave Me," and "It Had to Be You." Although it's always valuable to hear how well Doris Day sang during the '40s, with Les Brown and others, this collection offers as much as any other to show how Day became one of the best and best-loved vocalists of the 20th century. ~ John Bush
Doris DayOn Moonlight Bay / By The Light of The Silvery Moon
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE