- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 2, 2010
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: What's This' Jack's Haunted Mansion Holiday Tour
- Tim Burton's Original Poem Narrated by Christopher Lee
- Audio Commentary by Tim Burton, Director Henry Selick and Music Designer Danny Elfman
- Behind-The-Scenes Making Of "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas"
- Dual Layer
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 10/09/1993
"...Delectably ghoulish....A major step forward for both stop-motion animation [and for Burton]..."
Sight and Sound - 12/01/1994
"...A rich, inventive score by Danny Elfman..."
Entertainment Weekly - 12/23/1994
"...Charming...A terrific package..." -- Rating: A
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/27/2000
"...A feast for the eyes and the imagination..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 10/22/1993
"...First, go for the story. Then go back just to look in the corners of the screen, and appreciate the little visual surprises and inspirations that are tucked into every nook and cranny..."
Empire - 01/01/2008
5 stars out of 5 -- "[With] vivid background characters, underplayed by deeply felt relationships, priceless gags and thoroughly hummable tunes which inspire varied and imaginative musical sequences."
Tim Burton's stop-motion animated feature finds Pumpkin King Jack Skellington thinking the grass is greener over in Santa Claus's holiday. He marshals all his goblins and ghouls to take over Christmas, but alas--poor Jack belongs to Halloween. An amazing visual and musical feast that should be seen at least twice to catch all the kinks and quirks in the nooks and crannies. Academy Award Nominations: Best Visual Effects.
Tired of being an object of fear for small children, Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloweentown, sets out to replace Santa Claus and oversee Christmas festivities for a year. A trio of ghastly ghouls is assigned to the task of kidnapping Saint Nick; meanwhile, Jack attends to the Yuletide activities, giving them a frightful new twist in the process.