Cherish The Ladies Woman of the House
Only 9 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$15.28 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 27, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
Dirty Linen - pp.57-58"This incarnation of the ensemble stands at the center of the establishment of Irish music showing us all how it's done without an overbearing bone in their bodies."
- 1.Reels: The Jolly Seven / The Rascal on the Haystack / Bonkers in Yonkers: The Jolly Seven / The Rascal On The Haystack / Bonkers In Yonkers
- 2.Sweet Thames Flow Softly
- 3.Jigs: Carolan's Favorite Jig / The Rakes of Cashel / Highland March in ...: Carolan's Favorite Jig / The Rakes Of Cashel / Highland March In Oscar & Malvina
- 4.Bogie's Bonnie Belle
- 5.Woman of the House Medley: The Fairy Queen / The Gooseberry ...: The Fairy Queen / The Gooseberry Bush / Paddy Kelly's / Woman Of The House
- 6.The Hills of New Zealand
- 7.Betsy Belle and Mary Gray
- 8.Fair and Tender Ladies
- 9.Slip Jigs: Paddy O' Snap / Robin Kelegher / The Cover of Cork: Paddy O' Snap / Robin Kellegher / The Cove Of Cork
- 10.The Green Fields of Canada
- 11.Reels: The Old Maids of Galway / The Sunny Banks / The Flooded Road to ...: The Old Maids Of Galway / The Sunny Banks / The Flooded Road To Glenties / Free & Easy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Cherish the Ladies: Mary Coogan (guitars); Joanie Madden (whistle, background vocals); Mirella Murray (accordion); Heidi Talbot, Roisin Dillon.
Personnel: Heidi Talbot, Karen Matheson, Kate Rusby (vocals); Joanie Madden (whistling, flute, alto flute); Mary Coogan (guitar, banjo, mandolin); Laoise Kelly (harp); Liz Kane, Roisin Dillon (fiddle); Mirella Murray, Sharon Shannon (accordion); Phil Cunningham (piano, keyboards); Donna Long, Tr¡ona N¡ Dhomhnaill (piano); Donald Shaw (Wurlitzer organ); Phil Bowler (upright bass); James MacIntosh (drums, percussion); John Joe Kelly (bodhran).
Additional personnel: Donna Long, Eddi Reader (vocals); Liz Kane (fiddle); Ewan Vernal (bass guitar); Donald Shaw, James MacIntosh, Karen Matheson, Kate Rusby, Laoise Kelly, Phil Bowler, Phil Cunningham, Sharon Shannon, Tr¡ona N¡ Dhomhnaill, John Joe Kelly.
Audio Mixer: Brian Masterson.
Liner Note Authors: Joanie Madden; Fiona Ritchie .
Recording information: CaVa Studios, Glasgow, Scotland.
Author: Scott Alarik.
Photographer: John J. Francis.
Arranger: Phil Cunningham.
Cherish the Ladies' tenth studio album is reliable without being redundant, soft without seeming slight, and as rollicking as it is sentimental. Joined by a small army of guests that read like Celtic and singer/songwriter royalty (Sharon Shannon/Triona Ni Dhomhnaill/Phil Cunningham/Kate Rusby/Eddi Reader), the Ladies have crafted a beautiful set that harks back to their 1992 debut. The impossibly lovely voice of Heidi Talbot -- it's like standing between Alison Krauss and Kirsty MacColl singing at the same time -- carries each ballad, both traditional ("Green Fields of Canada," "Bogie's Bonnie Belle") and contemporary ("Sweet Thames Flow Softly"), with such effortlessness that it's a wonder she even has to move her mouth, while the band makes high-octane instrumentals like "Jigs: Carolan's Favorite Jig/The Rakes of Cashel/Highland March in Oscar & Malvina" and the ferocious title track sound like the very forces of nature in human form. ~ James Christopher Monger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem (CD)
$3.18 CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE