Cherish The Ladies Woman of the House
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 27, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
Dirty Linen - pp.57-58"This incarnation of the ensemble stands at the center of the establishment of Irish music showing us all how it's done without an overbearing bone in their bodies."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Reels: The Jolly Seven / The Rascal on the Haystack / Bonkers in Yonkers: The Jolly Seven / The Rascal On The Haystack / Bonkers In Yonkers
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Sweet Thames Flow Softly
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Jigs: Carolan's Favorite Jig / The Rakes of Cashel / Highland March in ...: Carolan's Favorite Jig / The Rakes Of Cashel / Highland March In Oscar & Malvina
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Bogie's Bonnie Belle
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Woman of the House Medley: The Fairy Queen / The Gooseberry ...: The Fairy Queen / The Gooseberry Bush / Paddy Kelly's / Woman Of The House
- $1.29 on iTunes6.The Hills of New Zealand
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Betsy Belle and Mary Gray
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Fair and Tender Ladies
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Slip Jigs: Paddy O' Snap / Robin Kelegher / The Cover of Cork: Paddy O' Snap / Robin Kellegher / The Cove Of Cork
- $1.29 on iTunes10.The Green Fields of Canada
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Reels: The Old Maids of Galway / The Sunny Banks / The Flooded Road to ...: The Old Maids Of Galway / The Sunny Banks / The Flooded Road To Glenties / Free & Easy
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Donna Long (vocals, piano); Eddi Reader, Heidi Talbot, Karen Matheson, Kate Rusby (vocals); Joanie Madden (whistling, flute, alto flute, whistle, background vocals); Mary Coogan (guitar, guitars, banjo, mandolin); Laoise Kelly (harp); Liz Kane, Liz Kane, Roisin Dillon (fiddle); Sharon Shannon, Mirella Murray (accordion); Phil Cunningham (piano, keyboards); Tr¡ona N¡ Dhomhnaill (piano); Donald Shaw (Wurlitzer organ); Phil Bowler (upright bass); Ewan Vernal (bass guitar); James MacIntosh (drums, percussion); John Joe Kelly (bodhran).
Audio Mixer: Brian Masterson.
Liner Note Authors: Joanie Madden; Fiona Ritchie .
Recording information: CaVa Studios, Glasgow, Scotland.
Author: Scott Alarik.
Photographer: John J. Francis.
Arranger: Phil Cunningham.
Cherish the Ladies' tenth studio album is reliable without being redundant, soft without seeming slight, and as rollicking as it is sentimental. Joined by a small army of guests that read like Celtic and singer/songwriter royalty (Sharon Shannon/Triona Ni Dhomhnaill/Phil Cunningham/Kate Rusby/Eddi Reader), the Ladies have crafted a beautiful set that harks back to their 1992 debut. The impossibly lovely voice of Heidi Talbot -- it's like standing between Alison Krauss and Kirsty MacColl singing at the same time -- carries each ballad, both traditional ("Green Fields of Canada," "Bogie's Bonnie Belle") and contemporary ("Sweet Thames Flow Softly"), with such effortlessness that it's a wonder she even has to move her mouth, while the band makes high-octane instrumentals like "Jigs: Carolan's Favorite Jig/The Rakes of Cashel/Highland March in Oscar & Malvina" and the ferocious title track sound like the very forces of nature in human form. ~ James Christopher Monger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE