- Commentary by Shirley Jones, Dina Merrill & Stella Stevens
- Theatrical Trailer
- Behind-the-Scenes Notes
- Languages: English, French
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 13, 2003
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Mono - English
- Mono - French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Every boy needs a mother...even if Dad has to marry her!
Who will be the next Mrs. Corbett? Will it be the chic designer? The Miss Montana Pageant hopeful? The headstrong lady across the hall? It's a big decision for any boy to make for his recently widowed father!
Like father, like son. You'll like 'em both when renowned child actor and future Oscar winner Ronny Howard portrays Eddie and Glenn Ford is his dad. Vincente Minnelli (Gigi) directs, using his flair and vivid colors and balancing the film's humor with the real sense of loss a family feels over a loved one's passing. Shirley Jones, Dina Merrill and Stella Stevens portray the prospects under Eddie's self-appointed scrutiny. The amiable Courtship continued years later with a same-titled TV series starring Bill Bixby.
Director Ron Howard began his career as an actor in such wholesome fare as The Courtship of Eddie's Father. After his grief subsides, widower Tom Corbett begins to date again. His opinionated six-year-old, Eddie has been bred on comic book portrayals of females and feels that a woman named Elizabeth makes the best candidate in light of her physical attributes. Mr. Corbett learns that his boy may be right not because of Elizabeth's attractive exterior, but because of a beauty that's more than skin-deep.
- Additional cast: Roberta Sherwood (Mrs. Livingston).
- Filmed in Panavision. Color by Metrocolor.