One-Eyed Jacks (Blu-ray)
|You Save:||$2.30 (10% Off)|
- Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $14.11
- The Sundowners ~ $7.88
- The True Story of Jesse James ~ $28.31
- Unforgiven ~ $4.98 (Save 62%)
- Unforgiven (Blu-ray) ~ $10.45
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 8, 2011
- Originally Released: 1961
- Label: Intergroove Media
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, German
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Marlon Brando, Katy Jurado, Ben Johnson, Pina Pellicer, Slim Pickens, Sam Gilman & Larry Duran|
|Directed by||Marlon Brando|
|Edited by||Archie Marshek|
|Screenwriting by||Guy Trosper & Calder Willingham|
|Composition by||Hugo Friedhofer|
|Art Direction by||Hal Pereira|
|Produced by||Frank P. Rosenberg|
|Director of Photography:||Charles Lang|
"...With Brando giving his most Elvis-like performance....[And] Charles Lang Jr.'s gorgeous Big Sur photography..."
"[Brando] displays a gift with character actors and gives Ford regular Ben Johnson one of the meatiest roles of his career..."
"Brando proves to be one of his own best directors..."
- Filmed in VistaVision and Technicolor in Monterey, California and Mexico.
- Co-produced by High Desert Films.
- Feature film debut for actress Pina Pellicer.
- Director Sam Peckinpah wrote the first draft of the screenplay, but was replaced by Stanley Kubrick, the film's original director. Then Kubrick eventually quit over artistic differences and was replaced by the film's star, Marlon Brando.
- Budget was reported to be between $5-6 million.
- Additional cast: Sam Gilman (Harvey), Hank Worden (Doc), Margarita Cordova (Flamenco Dancer), Nina Martinez (Margarita), Glen Harvey, and William Forrest.
- Additional credits: Richard Mueller (Technicolor consultant), Carlo Fiore (assistant to producer).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 277 ratings.
I never have seen this movie before so I did not know what to expect. Since I love hard hitting western movies of Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef, this movie is not a quiet one of them ,but its a blend of a classic western and a romance.. As always in his movies, Brando is superb in his role of betrayed "bank robber",spends time in jail and subsequently tracks down his Ex -crime partner Karl Madden who meantime becomes a "disgraced" sheriff in a small town of California...I call this movie a very good action packed& Romance western classic... The quality of the picture is very good,but since I liked this movie very much I will most likely purchase a Blu-Ray copy...
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.