The Magnificent Seven (Special Edition)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.52 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.46 (30% Off)|
- Brand New Documentary
- Audio Commentary by Eli Wallach, James Coburn, Walter Mirisch and more!
- Photo Gallery
- Collectible Booklet
- Original Theatrical Trailers
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles: French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 8, 2001
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Collectors Edition
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Eli Wallach - Star, James Coburn - Star
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Stills/Photos: Gallery
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Steve McQueen & Yul Brynner|
|Performer:||Eli Wallach, Horst Buchholz, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn, Charles Bronson, Brad Dexter, Vladimir Sokoloff, Rosenda Monteros, Jorge Martinez de Hoyos, Whit Bissell, Val Avery, Bing Russell, Rico Alaniz & Bob Wilke|
|Directed by||John Sturges|
|Edited by||Ferris Webster|
|Screenwriting by||William Roberts, Walter Newman & Walter Bernstein|
|Composition by||Elmer Bernstein|
|Story by||Akira Kurosawa|
|Produced by||John Sturges & Lou Morheim|
|Director of Photography:||Charles Lang|
"...The film is fun to watch..."
5 stars out of 5 -- "Brynner dominates, while the screenplay questions the nature of true heroism."
4 stars out of 5 -- "It remains one of the most entertaining movies in the genre, as Hollywood alpha males Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, Yul Brynner, James Colburn and Robert Vaughn crank up the charisma..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Merciless Calvera (Wallach) and his band of ruthless outlaws are terrorizing a poor Mexican village, and even the bravest lawmen can't stop them. Desperate, the locals hire Chris Adams (Brynner) and six other gunfighters to defend them. With time running out before Calvera's next raid, the heroic seven must prepare the villagers for this battle and help them find the courage to take back their town - or die trying!
- Shooting location: Mexico.
- Yul Brynner's grandiosity was such that he had written into his contract a clause stiplulating that no cast member could come closer to him than 10 feet while they were not shooting.
- Brynner got married during production, on the village square set. Apparently he let his wife come within 10 feet.
- Steve McQueen wanted the film part so badly that he crashed his car to get out of a commitment to his TV series WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE.
- The film played only a week in its original release but was a hit in Europe.
- James Coburn claimed to have seen the Kurosawa version 12 times in 12 days.
- Akira Kurosawa reportedly loved this remake.
- John Alonso, a bit player as one of the villagers, would go on to become director of photography on such films as BLUE THUNDER and CHINATOWN.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 222 ratings.
Movies & TV with some of the same main people:
The Magnificent Seven (Special Edition) (DVD) ~
$10.52 Super Savings
The Magnificent Seven (Blu-ray) ~
$12.50 Super Savings
4 for Texas (DVD) ~
$8.59 Super Savings
Adios Sabata (DVD) ~
$11.15 Super Savings
20 Great Westerns - Heroes & Bandits (4-DVD) ~
$5.98 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Westerns genre:
3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~
$1.79 Super Savings
The Randolph Scott Round-Up, Volume 2: 6 Classic Westerns (2-DVD) ~
$8.98 Super Savings
3 Pack Westerns: Lawman / Hour of the Gun / Day of the Outlaw (DVD) ~
$4.89 Super Savings
Gun Fight (DVD) ~
$1.39 Super Savings
Man Without a Star (DVD-R) ~
$14.11 Super Savings
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.