Three Colors: Blue / White / Red (4-DVD)
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Also released as:
- Number of Discs: 4
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 4 hours, 48 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 15, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Criterion
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Three cinema lessons with director Krzysztof Kieslowski
- New interviews with cowriter Krzysztof Piesiewicz, composer Zbigniew Preisner, and actors Julie Delpy, Irène Jacob, and Zbigniew Zamachowski
- Selecte-scene commentary featuring actor Juliette Binoche
- New video essays on Blue, White, and Red by film writers Annette Insdorf, Tony Rayns, and Dennis Lim
- Full-length 1995 documentary featuring Kieslowski
- Three Kieslowski short films - The Tram (1966), Seven Women of Different Ages (1978), and Talking Heads (1980) - plus the short film The Face (1966), starring Kieslowski
- Interview programs on Kieslowski's life and work, featurig film critic Geoff Andrew, Binoche, filmmaker Agnieszka Holland, cinematographer Slawomir Idziak, Insdorf, Jacob, producer Marin Karmitz, and editor Jacques Witta
- Behind-the-scenes programs for White and Red, and a 1994 short documentary on Red's world premiere
- Original theatrical trailers
- New improved English subtitle translations
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Juliette Binoche, Julie Delpy & Irène Jacob|
|Directed by||Krzysztof Kieslowski|
This box set from the popular Criterion Collection presents three of the most acclaimed features of the 1990s, which are arguably the most accomplished works of the late Krzysztof Kieslowski's career: BLUE, WHITE and RED. A trilogy of tales about love, loss and regret, the pictures take their names from the colors of the French flag, symbolizing equality, liberty and fraternity. Yet this cannot even begin to suggest the richness or profundity of the content. The stories, which run the gamut from tragedy to comedy, weave together experiences from the interconnected lives of numerous individuals, amid complex and profound personal disruptions. Stars include Julie Delpy, Juliette Binoche, Jean-Louis Trintignant and Irène Jacob. This particular set also features a host of supplements related to the trilogy.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 97 ratings.
Based on 97 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!