- Audio Commentary by Director Ken Annakin
- "Making-Of" Featurette
- Still Photo Galleries
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.20
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Surround 5.0 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Ken Annakin - Director
- Featurette: Making Of Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Historical Aircraft
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 07/01/1994
"...Huge, funny, epic..." - Recommended
USA Today - 03/19/2004
"[T]his 2-hour epic comedy is one that some remember fondly. Aviation buffs and those with big-screen TVs may want to take a look."
Description by OLDIES.com:
An international air race means sky-high adventure and fun!
This extraordinary comic version of the historic 1910 London-to-Paris air race features the greatest aviators from around the world. They all come together when a stuffy, but very rich, newspaper publisher decides to sponsor an airplane race across the English Channel, offering 10,000 pounds to the winner. The escapades between the American, British, French, German, Italian and Japanese teams result in the most daring and hilarious in-flight acrobatic stunts ever caught on film.
An enjoyable adventure film of daring airmen, vintage airplanes and a thrilling race from London to Paris. Academy Award Nominations: Best (Original) story and Screenplay.
The year is 1910, and flying machines have taken hold of everyone's imagination. So a wealthy publisher, anxious to increase circulation, sets up a contest: he'll give a £10,000 prize to whoever's first to cross the English Channel in a plane. And it isn't long before a large group of greedy, ambitious folks are off and flying... hoping to win fortune and fame.
High Flying |
Theatrical Release |
- Full title: "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines -- or How I Flew From London to Paris in 25 hours and 11 minutes"
- Shot in wide gauge Todd-AO.
- Part of the FoxVideo "Family Features" series.