Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: November 1, 2011
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Note: The rebirth of the Western documentary
- TV spots
- Theatrical trailer
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital Surround - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Quigley, a stoic American sharpshooter from the old West, travels to the untamed wilderness of the Australian outback after answering an advertisement calling for a man who's handy with a rifle. Once in Australia, the Yank discovers that he's been hired by a despicable landowner named Marston who (with the government's support) wants him to eradicate the area's aboriginal population. Furious, Quigley throws the wealthy despot out a nearby window -- and thus begins a heated vendetta by the spurned Marston to exact deadly revenge against the principled outsider.
Battered Women |
- The screenplay for "Quigley Down Under" was written in the 1970s as a potential vehicle for actor Steve McQueen. Directors previously linked to the project include Rick Rosenthal and Lewis Gilbert.
- Estimated budget $20 million; shot on location in Australia, in Panavision.
- Simon Wincer previously directed the popular television mini-series "Lonesome Dove" (1989).