The Simpsons Testify
Only 10 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.41 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.58 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by The Simpsons ~ The Simpsons Sing the Blues ~ $7.19
- Released: September 18, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Shout Factory
- 1.'The Simpsons' Main Title Theme - (with Alf Clausen Orchestra)
- 2.Testify - (with Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Nancy Cartwright / Russi Taylor)
- 3.Very Reason That I Live, The - (with Kelsey Grammer / Dan Castellaneta / Nancy Cartwright)
- 4.He's the Man - (with Shawn Colvin / Harry Shearer / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Yeardley Smith)
- 5.Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl - (with Harry Shearer / Hank Azaria / Yeardley Smith)
- 6.'The Simpsons' End Credits Theme - (with Los Lobos)
- 7.Ode to Branson - (with Rick Logan / Dan Castellaneta / Amick Bryam / Tress MacNeille)
- 8.Sold Separately - (with Harry Shearer / Sally Stevens)
- 9.Island of Sirens (Based on 'Copacabana') - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria)
- 10.They'll Never Stop the Simpsons - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta)
- 11.You're a Bunch of Stuff - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Yeardley Smith)
- 12.What Do I Think of the Pie? - (with Dan Castellaneta / Julie Kavner / Tress MacNeille / Yeardley Smith / Marcia Wallace)
- 13.Baby Stink Breath - (with Harry Shearer / Nancy Cartwright / Tress MacNeille / Yeardley Smith)
- 14.Tastes Like Liberty - (with Mark Campbell / Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Tress MacNeillie)
- 15.Jellyfish - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Gene Merlino / Marcia Wallace)
- 16.Homer & Marge (Based on 'Jack & Diane') - (with Weird Al Yankovic / Dan Castellaneta / Julie Kavner / Yeardley Smith)
- 17.'Everybody Hates Ned Flanders' Medley: Flanders Is His Name / Everybody Hates Ned Flanders / Everybody Hates Ned Flanders (Salsa Version) - (with David Byrne / Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner)
- 18.I Love to Walk - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Steve Buscemi)
- 19.Marjorie (Based on 'Rosie') - (with Jackson Browne / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner)
- 20.'The President Wore Pearls' Medley: A Vote For a Winner / I Am Their Queen / Skinner's Evil Plan / A Tango Takes Two / Smart Girl Six Three / 'The President Wore Pearls' End Credits Medley - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Juli
- 21.Glove Slap (Based on 'Love Shack') - (with The B-52's)
- 22.O Pruny Night (Based on 'O Holy Night') - (with Jim Gilstrap / Harry Shearer / Yeardley Smith)
- 23.America (I Love This Country) - (with Mark Campbell / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria)
- 24.America Rules - (with Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Nancy Cartwright / Yeardley Smith)
- 25.Welcome to Moe's - (with Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Nancy Cartwright / Yeardley Smith)
- 26.We Are the Jockeys - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Nancy Cartwright / Tress MacNeillie)
- 27.Song of Shelbyville - (with Dan Castellaneta / Julie Kavner / Amick Byram / Nancy Cartwright / Yeardley Smith / Edie Lehman-Boddicker)
- 28.'A Star Is Torn' Medley: I'm Talkin' Springfield / My Kitty Died / Always My Dad / A Privileged Boy - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Tress MacNeille / Yeardley Smith)
- 29.Who Wants a Haircut? (Based on 'Who Let the Dogs Out') - (with Baha Men / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Nancy Cartwright / Yeardley Smith)
- 30.'My Fair Laddy' Medley: Adequate / Not On My Clothes / Indoors All Night / Longing For the Shack / 'My Fair Laddy' End Credits Medley - (with Harry Shearer / Alf Clausen Orchestra / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Nancy Cartwright / Yeardley Smith /
- 31.Springfield Blows - (with The Alf Clausen Orchestra And Singers)
- 32.'King Of Cats' Itchy & Scratchy Medley: Tune-Up / 'King Of Cats' Opening / Two Days, Two Circles / Slices Of Life / It's Symbiotic / Knives Finale - (with Jim Gilstrap / Oren Waters / Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Julie Kavner / Bo
- 33.Lady - (with Julie Kavner / Ricky Gervais)
- 34.You Make Me Laugh - (with Dan Castellaneta / Julie Kavner)
- 35.Lady Riff - (with Ricky Gervais)
- 36.Poppa, Can You Hear Me? - (with Nancy Cartwright)
- 37.'Yokel Chords' Medley: Oh, How Do We? / Motivate Them / Cultural Things Experience / Moonshine Drinkers - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Studio Singers / Sally Stevens / Hank Azaria / Nancy Cartwright / Tress MacNeille / Rick Riccio / Susie
- 38.Hullaba Lula - (with Kelsey Grammer)
- 39.Song of the Wild Beasts - (with Harry Shearer / Dan Castellaneta / Hank Azaria / Tress MacNeille)
- 40.Dancing Workers' Song - (Demo, with Randy Crenshaw / Rick Logan / Sally Stevens / Edie Lehmann-Boddicker / Susie Stevens Logan)
- 41.Oldies and Nudies - (with Alf Clausen Orchestra)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Adapter: Alf Clausen.
Personnel: Clydene Jackson, Donna Davidson, Bob Joyce, Roger Freeland, Darryl Phinnessee, Chelsea Di Blasi, Jerry Whitman, Ann White, Emily Charouhas, Gene Merlino, Nicholas Harper, Mark Campbell, Aaron Page, Gene Morford, Jim Gilstrap, Julia Waters, Alf Clausen, Maxine Willard Waters, Alvin Chea, Amick Byram, Oren Waters, Rick Logan, Sally Stevens, Randy Crenshaw, Carmen Twillie (vocals); Timothy May , George Doering, John Goux (guitar); Dennis "Cannonball" Caplinger (banjo); Katie Kirkpatrick, Gayle Levant (harp); Assa Drori, Don Palmer, John Wittenberg, Songa Lee, Harris Goldman, Victoria Lanier, Dorothy Wade, Calabria McChesney, Harold Dicterow, Niki Magee, Tibor Zelig, Murray Adler, Claudia Parducci, Pamela Gates, Bernard Kundell, David Frisina, Isabelle Daskoff, Joel Derouin, Israel Baker, Peter Kent, Gordon Marron Strings, Armen Garabedian, Michael Markman, Berj Garabedian, Bobby Bruce, Charlie Bisharat, Endre Granat (violin); Carole Mukogawa, Jorge Moraga, Myra Kestenbaum, Raymond Tischer, Archie Levin, Karolina Naziemiec, Steven Gordon, Pamela Goldsmith, Marilyn Baker, Brian Dembow, Janet Lakatos, Danny Seidenberg, Harry Shirinian, Mihail Zinovyev (viola); Timothy Landauer, Raymond Kelley, Michael Mathews, Jerome Kessler, Jodi Burnett, Larry Corbett, Andrew Shulman, Ray Kramer (cello); Tom Boyd, Dan Higgins, Gary Herbig, Louise di Tullio, Robert H. Carr, Susan Greenberg, John D. Mitchell, Joel Timm, Charles Boito, Joel Peskin, John Yoakum, Lee Callet, Steve Kujala, Jon Clarke, Gary Gray , David Riddles (woodwinds); Terry Harrington (baritone saxophone); Gary Grant, Jon Lewis , Rob Summers, Jerry Hey, Larry Hall , Warren Luening, Dennis Farias, Carl Saunders (trumpet); Douglas Lyons, James Atkinson , Gale Robinson, Richard Todd , Vincent DeRosa, Brad Warnaar (French horn); Lou McCreary, John VanHouten, Morris Repass, Alan Kaplan, Ira Nepus, William Frank "Bill" Reichenbach Jr. (trombone); John Thomas Johnson (tuba); Michael Watts, Richard Ruttenberg, Michael Lang , Ralph Grierson, Randy Waldman, Scott Clausen (keyboards); Dale Anderson, Bob Zimmitti, Alan Vavrin, Jules "Stix" Greenberg, Ralph Humphrey (percussion); Travis Powers (sound effects).
Liner Note Author: Alf Clausen.
Recording information: Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; Ground Control Studio; O'Henry Sound STudios; Sony Scoring Stage; The Fox Newman Scoring Stage; Warner Bros. Eastwood Scoring Stage, CA.
Editor: Rick Riccio.
Unknown Contributor Role: Jacquie Perryman.
Arranger: Alf Clausen.
The Simpsons: Testify is the third collection of original songs and music from the television series, covering music heard on the series' tenth through 18th seasons. It takes its title from a gospel number from the 2000 episode "Faith Off," and there are a few other church-inspired numbers, including the Christian country-rock jibe "He's the Man" with Shawn Colvin on vocals, but this is hardly a theme collection. Like any average episode of The Simpsons, Testify hops all over the place, flitting from style to style, all illustrating composer/conductor Alf Clausen's uncanny ability to simultaneously pay homage and parody. If there are no outright classics along the lines of "Monorail" here, there's a bunch to enjoy, including the Sinatra swipe "Jellyfish," the medley "Everybody Hates Ned Flanders," and "They'll Never Stop the Simpsons," a sly parody of "We Didn't Start the Fire." Also, there are several big-name cameos here -- Los Lobos doing the end credits, Weird Al singing the "Jack & Diane" parody "Homer & Marge," David Byrne sitting in on "Everybody Hates Ned Flanders," Baha Men doing their one hit as "Who Wants a Haircut," Jackson Browne on "Marjorie," the B-52's on "Glove Slap," Shawn Colvin on "He's the Man," and two Ricky Gervais numbers -- which are merely icing on the cake here, just as they are on the show. When it comes right down to it, Testify is only necessary for hardcore Simpsons fans, but they will surely find this worth the time. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
24: Seasons 4 & 5 [Original Television Soundtrack] (CD)(13)
$14.50 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top Gun (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Expanded) (CD)(105)
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE