- Released: July 31, 2007
- Label: Shout Factory
No Depression - p.84
"Rivers and his Boogie Band nail a few of his biggest hits, and they similarly tear up a savvy selection of old-and-not-so-old covers..."
- 1.Sea Cruise
- 2.Over The Line
- 4.Summer Rain
- 5.Long Tall Sally
- 6.It's Alright - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Brown Eyed Girl - (previously unreleased)
- 8.Knock On Wood - (previously unreleased)
- 9.Rockin' Pneumonia And The Boogie Woogie Flu - (previously unreleased)
- 10.I've Just Seen A Face - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Stories To A Child - (previously unreleased)
- 12.Willie And The Hand Jive - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Memphis - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Blue Suede Shoes - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Baby, I Need Your Lovin' - (previously unreleased)
- 16.Walkin' Blues
- 17.Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While)
- 18.John Lee Hooker '74
Johnny Rivers & His L.A. Boogie Band: Johnny Rivers (vocals, guitar); Jim Gordon, Dean Parks, Jack Conrad, Jim Horn, Chuck Findley, Michael Melvoin, Herb Pedersen.
Recorded live at the Olympia Theatre, Paris, France in 1973. Includes liner notes by Johnny Rivers.
Johnny Rivers & His L.A. Boogie Band: Johnny Rivers (guitar); Jack Conrad (bass guitar); Chuck Findley, Dean Parks, Herb Pedersen, Jim Gordon , Jim Horn, Michael Melvoin.
Personnel: Johnny Rivers (vocals); Herb Pedersen (vocals, acoustic guitar); Dean Parks (guitar); Jim Horn (saxophone, tenor saxophone); Chuck Findley (trumpet, flugelhorn); Michael Melvoin (piano, organ); Mike Melvoin (keyboards); Jim W. Gordon, Jim Gordon , Mickey Jones (drums).
Audio Mixers: Joe Sidore; Richard Bosworth.
Audio Remasterer: Mark Chalecki.
Liner Note Author: Johnny Rivers .
Recording information: Olympia Theater, Paris, France (05/23/1973).
Photographer: Mike Salisbury.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Dean Parks; Jim Gordon ; Jack Conrad .
Originally released in 1974, LAST BOOGIE IN PARIS: THE COMPLETE CONCERT is Shout! Factory's expanded remaster of one of Johnny Rivers' most beloved late-period albums. Presented in its original order for the first time, this concert cooks from beginning to end. Rivers's blue-eyed soul voice and boogie-oriented guitar work enliven standards such as "Blue Suede Shoes" and "Long Tall Sally," mid-'60s soul stalwarts such as "Baby I Need Your Lovin" and "Sea Cruise,"and even Rivers's faithful version of the Doobie Brothers' "Rock Me A Little While." This is essential for fans.