- Released: November 17, 1998
- Label: Motown
- 1.Bad Moon Rising -Creedence Clearwater Revival
- 2.Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
- 3.It's The Same Old Song - The Four Tops
- 4.When A Man Loves A Woman - Percy Sledge
- 5.Dancing In The Street - Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- 6.What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
- 7.In The Midnight Hour - The Rascals
- 8.Quicksilver Girl - Steve Miller Band
- 9.Gimme Some Lovin' - The Spencer Davis Group
- 10.Too Many Fish In The Sea - The Marvelettes
- 11.Weight, The - The Band
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 24-bit technology.
Personnel: Robbie Robertson (vocals, guitar); Rick Danko (vocals, electric bass).
The cinematic rallying cry for middle-aged baby boomers, the BIG CHILL was the Gettysburg address of '60s nostalgia, connecting millions to the music of their youth via media association. Featuring the likes of Procul Harum, the Stones and Marvin Gaye, the soundtrack was the blueprint for many an oldies station. Its partner offers more of the same; rootsy rock ("Bad Moon Rising"), social protest ("What's Going On") and dance floor motivation ("Dancing in the Street"). Nothing you're unlikely to hear from your local '60s DJ, but at least this way you get to take the music home with you.