- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 23, 2004
- Label: Motown
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I Heard It Through the Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
- 2.My Girl - Smokey Robinson
- 3.Good Lovin' - The Rascals
- 4.Tracks of My Tears, The - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
- 5.Joy to the World - Three Dog Night
- 6.Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations
- 7.(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
- 8.I Second That Emotion - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
- 9.Whiter Shade of Pale, A - Procol Harum
- 10.Tell Him - The Exciters
- 11.Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
- 12.When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge
- 13.In the Midnight Hour - The Rascals
- 14.Gimme Some Lovin' - The Spencer Davis Group
- 15.Weight, The - The Band
- 16.Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
- 17.Strangers in the Night - Bert Kaempfert
- 18.You Can't Always Get What You Want - (Church version)
- 19."J.T. Lancer" Theme
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.It's the Same Old Song - The Four Tops
- 2.Dancing in the Street - Martha & the Vandellas
- 3.What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
- 4.Too Many Fish in the Sea - The Marvelettes
- 5.Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - Marvin Gaye / Tammi Terrell
- 6.What Becomes of the Brokenhearted - Jimmy Ruffin
- 7.Shotgun - Junior Walker
- 8.Take Me in Your Arms (Rock Me a Little White) - The Isley Brothers
- 9.Ask Any Girl - The Supremes
- 10.You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore
- 11.Like to Get to Know You - Spanky & Our Gang
- 12.Monday, Monday - The Mamas & the Papas
- 13.Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues
- 14.Feelin' Alright - Joe Cocker
- 15.Game of Love - Wayne Fontana / The Mindbenders / Fayne Fontana
- 16.I Got You (I Feel Good) - James Brown
- 17.We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet - Blues Magoos
- 18.Time of the Season - The Zombies
- 19.Get It While You Can - Howard Tate
Producers include: Norman Whitfield, Smokey Robinson, The (Young) Rascals, Richard A. Podolor, Jerry Wexler.
Compilation producer: Meg Kasdan.
Includes liner notes by Lawrence and Meg Kasdan.
Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Kevin Reeves (Polygram Studios).
Includes liner notes by Kevin Filipski.
Liner Note Author: Kevin Filipski.
Arrangers: Chris Stainton; Jerry Ragovoy; Leon Russell; Arif Mardin; Stuart Scharf; The Grease Band; Tom Dowd; Bob Dorough.
This digitally remastered reissue gives another generation a chance to experience one of the first major examples of baby boomer nostalgia. When THE BIG CHILL was first released, ex-hippies were just old enough to get nostalgic about their youth. It's soundtrack features both Motown R&B classics and pop-rock hits by the likes of the Rascals and Three Dog Night, all of which made the transition from counterculture touchstones to oldies radio staples right around the time this album first came out. With electronically enhanced sound and a more postmodern perspective, THE BIG CHILL soundtrack seems even more charming upon reissue than it did in the Reagan Era.