- Released: September 22, 1998
- Label: Motown
- 1.I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
- 2.My Girl - The Temptations
- 3.Good Lovin' - The Rascals
- 4.Tracks Of My Tears, The - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- 5.Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
- 6.Ain't Too Proud To Beg - The Temptations
- 7.Natural Woman, (You Make Me Feel Like) A - Aretha Franklin
- 8.I Second That Emotion - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- 9.Whiter Shade Of Pale, A - Procol Harum
- 10.Tell Him - The Exciters
Producers include: Norman Whitfield, Smokey Robinson, The (Young) Rascals, Richard A. Podolor, Jerry Wexler.
Compilation producer: Meg Kasdan.
Includes liner notes by Lawrence and Meg Kasdan.
Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Kevin Reeves (Polygram Studios).
Includes liner notes by Kevin Filipski.
Liner Note Author: Lawrence Kasdan.
This digitally remastered reissue gives another generation a chance to experience one of the first major examples of baby boomer nostalgia. When THE BIG CHILL was first released, ex-hippies were just old enough to get nostalgic about their youth. It's soundtrack features both Motown R&B classics and pop-rock hits by the likes of the Rascals and Three Dog Night, all of which made the transition from counterculture touchstones to oldies radio staples right around the time this album first came out. With electronically enhanced sound and a more postmodern perspective, THE BIG CHILL soundtrack seems even more charming upon reissue than it did in the Reagan Era.