Luther Allison Luther's Blues
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.24 (44% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 27, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Motown
Living Blues - 9-10/01, p.79"...Exceptional...one of the best recordings Luther ever made..."
- 1.Luther's Blues
- 2.Someday Pretty Baby
- 3.Easy Baby
- 4.Part Time Love
- 5.Now You Got It
- 7.Let's Have A Little Talk
- 8.Driving Wheel
- 9.Into My Life
- 10.San-Ho-Zay - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- 11.Bloomington Closing - (previously unreleased, early version, bonus track)
- 12.I'm Gonna Miss My Baby / Bad News Is Coming / The Thrill Is Gone - (previously unreleased, live, bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
LUTHER'S BLUES includes previously unreleased bonus tracks and live tracks.
Personnel includes: Luther Allison (vocals, electric guitar, slide guitar, harmonica); Ray Goodman, Gene Block (guitar); Paul White, Tom Curry (piano, organ); Bob Babbitt, Gary Beam (bass); K.J. Knight, Andrew Smith (drums).
Producer: John Ryan.
Reissue producer: Harry Weinger.
Engineers: John Lewis, Michael Grace, Ken Sands.
Recorded at Motown Studios, Detroit, Michigan and The Ann Arbor Blues Festival, Ann Arbor, Michigan on September 9, 1973. Includes liner notes by Bill Dahl. Originally released on Gordy (G967).
Digitally remastered by Suha Gur (Universal Mastering).
Personnel: Luther Allison (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, harmonica); Gene Block, Ray Goodman (guitar); Tom Curry, Paul White (piano, organ, keyboards); K.J. Knight, Andrew Smith (drums).
Audio Mixers: Suha Gur; John Lewis .
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Recording information: Ann Arbor Blues Festival (09/09/1973); Motown Studios, Detroit, MI (09/09/1973).
Photographers: Jim Britt; Michael Marks.
Arrangers: Robert White ; Richard Rajewski; Luther Allison.
Luther's Blues is where Luther Allison began to come into his own, developing a fluid, gutsy style full of soulful string bending. There are still a few weak spots, but the album remains an effective slice of contemporary Chicago blues. ~ Thom Owens
Where Have You Been? Live in Montreux 1976-1994 (CD)(13)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE