- Released: May 22, 2007
- Label: Kent Records Uk
- 1.Come on and Stop - Marv Johnson
- 2.Catch That Teardrop - The '5' Royales
- 3.Lil' Valley - The M-M's & The Peanuts
- 4.Bossa Nova, Baby - Tippie & The Clovers
- 5.Irresistible You - Bobby Peterson
- 6.I Can Tell (I'm Losing Your Love) - Lena Calhoun & The Emotions
- 7.Take Your Heart - Betty Willis
- 8.Puff (Up in Smoke) - Kenny Lynch
- 9.On My Own Two Feet - Hal Miller
- 10.Clock That's Got No Hands, A - Della Reese
- 11.Jack Be Nimble - The Intruders
- 12.I Don't Love You No More (I Don't Care About You) - Jimmy Norman
- 13.Crying For My Baby - Harold Burrage
- 14.Trouble With Girls, The (Of Today) - James Conwell
- 15.You'd Be Crying Too - The Matadors
- 16.Gypsy Said, The - The Fiestas
- 17.I Came Back Running (Back From the Party) - Wade Flemons
- 18.Where Is the Boy Tonight - The Charmaines
- 19.Please Don't Cry Anymore - Ketty Lester
- 20.Pretty Little Girl Next Door - Bobby Day
- 21.My Heart's on Fire - Billy Bland
- 22.Gee, What a Girl - The Persians
- 23.Don't Lead Me On - Mr. Tears
- 24.Trouble I've Had - Clarence Ashe
Audio Remasterer: Rob Shread.
Liner Note Author: Ady Croasdell.
Photographers: Malcolm Baumgart; Tony Rounce.
Arrangers: Roy Glover, Jr.; Hank Jacobs; Alan Lorber; Luchi de Jesus; Bobby Bare.
The British imprint Ace Records' Kent subsidiary delves deeper into soul music's dusty vaults to unearth many of the sides that significantly bridged the gap between '50s pop music and the funky dance hits of the '60s. Notable artists include the British singer and songwriter Kenny Lynch, who penned an early hit for the seminal '60s U.K. group the Small Faces, with his pop-flavored "Puff (Up in Smoke)," and the Motown recording artist Marv Johnson, whose lightweight "Come on and Stop" sounds like an early Brill Building effort.