- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 16, 2001
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.55
- Dolby 4.0 - English
- Mono - English, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Am I my brother's keeper'" (Cain to God)
Description by OLDIES.com:
The greatest stories of the Old Testament are brought to the screen with astounding scope and power in this international film which depicts the first 22 chapters of Genesis. This is the spectacular story of man's creation, his fall, his survival and his indomitable faith in the future. Matching the epic scale of the production are performances by George C. Scott as Abraham, Ava Gardner as Sarah, and Peter O'Toole as the haunting presence of the Angel of God. The legendary John Huston directs and delivers a commanding performance as Noah. From the film's opening amidst cosmic chaos, to its lingering message of hope and salvation, The Bible stands as a monumental motion picture achievement.
Focusing and dramatizing the first 22 chapters in The Book of Genesis, "The Bible in the Beginning...," exquisitely and diligently explores the origins of mankind. The stories of Adam and Eve, the story of Cain and Abel, Noah and the Ark, the Tower of Babel, Sodom and Gomorrah, Abraham and Sarah, their son Isaac and Abraham's covenant with God are all dealt with in epic fashion.
Ancient World |
Bible Epic |
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in D-150 (70mm).
- Copyright 1966 Dino DeLaurentiis Cinematografica.