Easy Rider (2-CD Deluxe Edition)
by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$26.96 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.02 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Hip-O Records
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.34Ranked #31 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...An embarrassment of riches..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.66Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...Hippy heaven..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Pusher, The - Steppenwolf
- 2.Born To Be Wild - Steppenwolf
- 3.Weight, The - Smith
- 4.Wasn't Born To Follow - The Byrds
- 5.If You Want To Be A Bird - The Holy Modal Rounders
- 6.Don't Bogart Me - Fraternity Of Man
- 7.If 6 Was 9 - Jimi Hendrix
- 8.Kyrie Eleison / Mardi Gras - Electric Prunes
- 9.It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) - Roger McGuinn
- 10.Ballad Of Easy Rider - Roger McGuinn
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Pushin' Too Hard - The Seeds
- 2.I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night - Electric Prunes
- 3.We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet - Blues Magoos
- 4.San Franciscan Nights - Eric Burdon & The Animals
- 5.White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
- 6.I Can See For Miles - The Who
- 7.Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum
- 8.Groovin' - Young Rascals
- 9.High Flyin' Bird - Richie Havens
- 10.Weight, The - The Band
- 11.You Ain't Going Nowhere - The Byrds
- 12.Time Has Come Today - The Chambers Brothers
- 13.With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker
- 14.Summertime Blues - Blue Cheer
- 15.Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues
- 16.Mendecino - Sie Douglas Quintet
- 17.Get Together - The Youngbloods
- 18.My Uncle - Flying Burrito Brothers
- 19.Something In The Air - Thunderclap Newman
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: Stephen Blauner, Joel Sill, Steve Barri.
Compilation producer: Mike Ragogna.
Includes liner notes by Mike Ragogna.
Includes liner notes by Bud Scoppa.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Liner Note Author: Bud Scoppa.
Photographers: Christian Spindler; Michael Wilson ; Tom Gundelfinger.
The definitive 1960s soundtrack to a definitive 1960s film, this album can be seen as the soundtrack not only to the film, but to the era itself. Ranging in style from proto-metal (Steppenwolf) and dope rock (Fraternity of Man) to folk balladry (Roger McGuinn), EASY RIDER conjures up the wild and surreal images and associations for which the decade has been celebrated.
The crunching blues-rock of Jimi Hendrix's "If Six Was Nine" espouses a lo-fi, greasy, axe-wielding ethic that contrasts nicely with the more gentle, reflective melodies interspersed with increasing frequency towards the end. The soundtrack closes with McGuinn crooning the elegiac "Ballad of Easy Rider."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE