CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Soundtrack ~ Crossing Jordan (Music from the NBC Television Series) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Complete 10th Season (7-DVD) ~ $13.62
- Released: September 24, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Hip-O Records
- 1.Who Are You - The Who
- 2.Everybody Out Of The Water - The Wallflowers
- 3.Crystal - New Order
- 4.Come Into Our Room - Clinic
- 5.Give It Away - Zero 7
- 6.Day By Day - Badmarsh & Shri
- 7.Inhaler - Hooverphonic
- 8.We Luv You - Grand Theft Audio
- 9.Hell Above Water - Curve
- 10.To Get Down - Timo Maas (Fatboy Slim remix)
- 11.Time Has Come Today - The Chambers Brothers
- 12.Little Gem - Euphoria
- 13.Song For Olabi - Bliss
- 14.Unbound - Robbie Robertson
- 15.Investigation Suite - John M. Keane
- 16.Grissom's Overture - John M. Keane
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Original score composed by John M. Keane.
Personnel: Kathryn Williams (vocals).
Audio Mixers: Bliss; Zero 7.
Audio Remixer: Fatboy Slim.
Editor: Scott Roewe.
Unknown Contributor Role: Zero 7.
CBS-TV's crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation was the top-rated network television series in the U.S. in the fall of 2002, when this soundtrack album was released. At least a part of that success could be attributed to the music used on the show, which is featured here, starting with the theme song, the censored single edit of the Who's 1978 Top 20 hit "Who Are You," on which one of the few curse words that still cannot be uttered on network television is replaced by one that can, resulting in the taunt "Who the hell are you?" instead of the more obscene version heard on the band's Who Are You album, which frequently slips by on classic rock radio. The Wallflowers single "Everybody Out of the Water (New Frontier)" is also featured, available six weeks before its release on that band's album Red Letter Days, and proves to be a typical effort from them. Following that introduction, the various-artists album is filled with electronic dance-rock music by the likes of New Order, Hooverphonic, and Bliss, useful no doubt in both action sequences and moodier moments on the show. The sequencing causes the music to get softer and more dominated by instrumentals as it goes along, ending in two excerpts from composer John M. Keane's actual soundtrack cues for the show, "Investigation Suite" and "Grissom's Overture." To those who have something else to do at nine p.m. on Thursday nights, the result may seem like a miscellany, but fans of the show are bound to recognize tunes associated with favorite episodes, which is what a TV soundtrack album is all about. ~ William Ruhlmann
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 33 ratings.
Based on 33 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!