by Various Artists
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Various Artists ~ The Bourne Supremacy [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $15.71
- by Soundtrack ~ Heat (Music from the Motion Picture) ~ $10.44
- by Soundtrack ~ Kill Bill, Volume 1 ~ $10.78
- by Harry Gregson-Williams ~ Man on Fire [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $16.18
- by Soundtrack ~ Miami Vice [Original Soundtrack] ~ $13.57
- Released: August 3, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Hip-O Records
- 1.Briefcase - Tom Rothrock
- 2.Seed, The (2.0) - Cody ChesnuTT/The Roots (extended radio edit)
- 3.Hands of Time - Groove Armada
- 4.G�ero Canelo - Calexico
- 5.Rollin' Crumblin' - Tom Rothrock
- 6.Max Steals Briefcase - James Newton Howard
- 7.Destino de Abril - Green Car Motel
- 8.Shadow on the Sun - Audioslave
- 9.Island Limos - James Newton Howard
- 10.Spanish Key - Miles Davis
- 11.Air - Cuba Percussion / Klazz Brothers
- 12.Ready Steady Go - Paul Oakenfold (Remix, remix)
- 13.Car Crash - Antonio Pinto
- 14.Vincent Hops Train - James Newton Howard
- 15.Finale - James Newton Howard
- 16.Requiem - Antonio Pinto
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composer: James Newton Howard.
Personnel: Richie Havens (vocals); Jimmy Wood (harp).
Audio Mixers: Craig Schumacher; Jim E. Hill; Groove Armada; Johannes Wohlleben; John Avila; ?uestlove; Michael Farrow; Paul Oakenfold; Russell Elevado; Shawn Murphy; Tom Rothrock; Cisco DeLuna.
Editors: John Paterno; Mike Tarantino.
Photographer: Frank Connor.
Arrangers: Tim Hahn; Tobias Forster; Kilian Forster.
Director Michael Mann is known for modifying moods through music, particularly in urban settings. There were all those rain-slicked tracking shots in Miami Vice, for example, accompanied by Phil Collins and Dire Straits. For 1995's Heat it was Moby, Lisa Gerrard, and Kronos Quartet, all contributing pieces that heightened the film's dense, psychological air. And for Mann's return to the crime caper genre in 2004's Collateral, it's a stellar mixed bag of gripping, tense instrumentals and evocative, sonically varied artist contributions. Producer Tom Rothrock gets things rolling in a Mann-ish direction with "Briefcase" -- the track throbs like a power cable buried under a city street. Score excerpts from James Newton Howard and City of God composer Antonio Pinto are equally powerful, offering a mix of knives glinting in shadows (Pinto's "Car Crash") and serviceable chase scene dynamics (the Howard piece "Vincent Hops Train"). Latin-flavored selections by Calexico and Green Car Motel hint at the film's traverse through L.A.'s ethnic patchwork, there's a lovely excerpt from Miles Davis' Bitches Brew classic "Spanish Key," and the Roots with Cody ChesnuTT offer some streetwise, vibey soul with "The Seed (2.0)." The only misstep here is a noneventful remix of Oakenfold's "Ready Steady Go." Its substance-less big beat thump feels like 21st century soundtrack filler; in fact, it fits better with Oakenfold's work on Swordfish. Sequence out "Ready Steady," and Collateral is comparable to Mann's greatest meetings of music and film. ~ Johnny Loftus
Corrina Corrina (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)(15)
Play Me a Movie: Piano Music to Accompany Silent (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
Kristina Från Duvemåla: Den Kompletta Utgåvan (3-CD)(40)
$23.42 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 48 ratings.
Based on 48 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
My Rifle, My Pony and Me: Movie & TV Soundtracks (CD)(25)
$15.69 Super Savings
La La Land (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$9.71 Super Savings
the Music from "The Good Bad and the Ugly" & "A Fistful of... (CD)(45)
$7.44 Super Savings
King Kong / She (Original Soundtracks) [Import] (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE