Killing Joke ...No Way Out But Forward Go
- Released: September 4, 2007
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Killing Joke Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.The Hum
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Darkness Before Dawn
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Requiem
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Empire Song
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Tabazan
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Night Time
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Kings & Queens
- $0.99 on iTunes8.The Good Samaritan
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Love Like Blood
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Blood Sport
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Complications
- $0.99 on iTunes12.The Wait
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Pssyche
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Eighties
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Wardance
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Adorations
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Chessboards
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
NO WAY OUT BUT FORWARD GO contains one audio CD of a live performance and a CD-ROM of the video of the same live performance.
Killing Joke: Jaz Coleman (vocals, keyboards); Geordie (guitar); Paul Raven (bass); Paul Ferguson (drums).
Principally recorded at Lorely Rockaplast, Germany on August 17, 1985. Includes liner notes by Carlton P. Sandercock.
Killing Joke: Jaz Coleman , Nick Walker, Paul Ferguson, Paul Raven .
No Way Out But Forward Go is Killing Joke's first full-length release since 1996's Democracy, and the band's third live album. Taken from a 1985 concert on the Night Time tour, it's hardly a worthy substitute for a studio album, but it does showcase Killing Joke at their finest. The 17 tracks are split roughly equally between Youth-era and Paul Raven-era material, with most of the Night Time album being present. All of the early classics ("Wardance," "Requiem") are featured, as well as rarer songs such as "Pssyche." Live versions of two tracks from Brighter Than a Thousand Suns are also included, as is a full CD-ROM of the concert on some editions. Unfortunately, most of the show sounds as if it's been recorded in a rehearsal room, since the audience appears to be almost entirely lifeless. The bandmembers give it their best effort, however, and throw themselves into the performance wholeheartedly. The only low point is "The Good Samaritan," which isn't really appropriate for a live setting. Other than that, it's a good representation of the band's bile-and-fire approach. ~ Jim Harper
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE