The Black Crowes
Warpaint (Live) (2-CD)
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$10 (56% Off)|
Rare & Hard-to-Find: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 28, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Eagle Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution
- 2.Walk Believer Walk
- 3.Oh, Josephine
- 5.Wee Who See the Deep
- 6.Locust Street
- 7.Movin' on Down the Line
- 8.Wounded Bird
- 9.God's Got It
- 10.There's Gold in Them Hills
- 11.Whoa Mule
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Poor Elijah: Tribute to Johnson
- 2.Darling of the Underground Press
- 3.Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye
- 4.Don't Know Why
- 5.Torn and Frayed
- 6.Hey Grandma
Personnel: Chris Robinson (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Rich Robinson (vocals, guitar); Sven Pipien (vocals); Luther Dickinson (guitar); Adam MacDougall (keyboards); Steve Gorman (drums, percussion); Charity White, Monalisa Young (background vocals).
Liner Note Authors: Michael Klausman; Tomoyuki Yamazaki; Michael Klausman.
Recording information: 03/20/2008.
Photographer: David Lloyd .
In the grand tradition of famous rockers who go through a break-up and drop a career highlight (see: BLOOD ON THE TRACKS-era Dylan), Chris Robinson responded to the disintegration of his tabloid-gracing marriage to Kate Hudson with WARPAINT, the Black Crowes' best album since 1992's THE SOUTHERN HARMONY AND MUSICAL COMPANION. With more memorable hooks and passionate performances (Robinson can phone in southern-rock-soul better than anyone, but there's no mistaking his real emotional wear-and-tear on WARPAINT), the album sounded even better on the road as evidenced by this two-disc live companion piece.
Disc One presents WARPAINT in its entirety and in sequence though brought to soaring heights by the dynamic guitar interplay of Rich Robinson and new recruit Luther Dickinson (whose slide grittily re-ups their southern rebel streak.) Disc Two branches out with some earlier tracks (notably "Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye" from SOUTHERN HARMONY), traditional blues romps, and classic rock covers such as Moby Grape's "Hey Grandma." Among the latter is a killer version of EXILE ON MAINSTREET's "Torn and Frayed," a Crowes' admission (altogether unnecessary) that they do indeed worship the Rolling Stones. Every track is culled from the same March 20, 2008, show in Los Angeles.
Greatest Hits 1990-1999: A Tribute to a Work in Progress (CD)
$9.72 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 4,853
- UPC: 826992015422
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE