John Hiatt Anthology (2-CD)
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.14 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.84 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 7, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Hip-O Records
No Depression - 11-12/01, p.115"...The best of John Hiatt is well and truly represented on this collection..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Sure as I'm Sittin' Here
- 2.Hangin' Around the Observatory
- 3.Down Home
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Washable Ink
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Slug Line
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Radio Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Pink Bedroom
- $0.99 on iTunes8.It Hasn't Happened Yet
- 9.Spy Boy
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Doll Hospital
- $0.99 on iTunes11.My Edge of the Razor
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Riding With the King
- $0.99 on iTunes13.She Loves the Jerk
- $0.99 on iTunes14.I Don't Even Try
- $0.99 on iTunes15.The Love That Harms
- $0.99 on iTunes16.The Way We Make a Broken Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes17.When We Ran
- $0.99 on iTunes18.The Usual
- $0.99 on iTunes19.She Said the Same Things to Me
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Lipstick Sunset
- $0.99 on iTunes21.Thank You Girl
- $1.29 on iTunes22.Have a Little Faith in Me
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Memphis in the Meantime
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Thing Called Love
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Tennessee Plates
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Slow Turning
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Drive South
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Feels Like Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Paper Thin
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Child of the Wild Blue Yonder
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Real Fine Love
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Perfectly Good Guitar
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Buffalo River Home
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Angel Eyes
- 13.Cry Love
- 14.Shredding the Document
- 15.Don't Think About Her When You Are Trying to Drive
- 16.Pirate Radio
- 17.Crossing Muddy Waters
- 18.Take It Down
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: John Hiatt (vocals, guitar); Roseanne Cash (vocals); Little Village.
Producers include: Glen Spreen, Denny Bruce, John Chelew, Glyn Johns, Matt Wallace.
Compilation producer: Mike Rogogna.
Tracks recorded between 1974 and 2000. Includes liner notes by Scott Shinder.
Digitally remastered by Erik Labson (Universal Mastering Studios West, North Hollywood, California).
Personnel: Rosanne Cash (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
Photographers: Mark Seliger; Jim McGuire ; Ebet Roberts; Henry Diltz.
While there are a couple of other John Hiatt collections on the market, ANTHOLOGY gets the edge not only because it offers the greatest amount of material (it's the only two-disc set), but because it's the only cross-licensed one. That means it draws from all the labels Hiatt's recorded for and covers the entire length of his career. Consequently, we get his quirky, somewhat Randy Newmanish mid-'70s beginnings ("Hangin' Around the Observatory"), his lean, mean, American Elvis Costello rocker phase ("Slug Line," "Doll Hospital"), and the heartfelt Americana of his critically lauded BRING THE FAMILY album ("Lipstick Sunset," "Have a Little Faith in Me"). Hiatt didn't stop moving after that, though. Disc two gets into his latter-day work, when he'd broken through sufficiently to afford bigger production but still kept an eye on the knockout punch ("Feels Like Rain," "Real Fine Love"). Providing sonic continuity throughout are Hiatt's inimitable sandpaper soul voice and deceptively casual, offhandedly precise songcraft.
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)(44)
$16.40 Super Savings
All My Friends: Celebrating the Songs & Voice of Gregg... (CD)
$17.42 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!