- Featurette: The Music Of 'Humoresque'
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 4 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 14, 2005
- Originally Released: 1946
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 12/29/1990
"...Irresistible....Oscar Levant tosses off welcome cryptic barbs..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Glamorous socialite Helen Wright (Joan Crawford) takes what she wants - clothes, alcohol, men - uses them up and tosses them aside. Then she meets brilliant young violinist Paul Boray (John Garfield). But this is one toy she can't break. Instead, her love for Paul brings Helen to the breaking point.
In this acclaimed and profound exploration of desire, Crawford makes Helen a rich, layered character torn between selfless love and selfish impulses. Garfield matches her as the driven genius. Humoresque's production values extend to the musical interludes, dubbed by Isaac Stern. Garfield's dazzling technique is thanks to two real violinists hidden behind him - one to do the fingering and one the bow work. Bravo!
Doomed Lovers |
Theatrical Release |
- The film includes 23 different classical excerpts, as well as jazz and popular pieces.