Dwight Yoakam Guitars, Cadillacs, Etc., Etc.: Expanded (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$2.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 17, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Rhino
Spin - p.1044 stars out of 5 -- "[Yoakam] mixed a folkie wistfulness with fast-moving honky-tonk drive, pushing country ahead a two-step or two."
Q - p.1503 stars out of 5 -- "Dwight Yoakam's debut was a fantastically twangy blend of tears, beers, and blue-collar grit..."
Dirty Linen - p.61"This is a darn good release for Yoakam fans who really want to get a sense of his output and energy back when he made a name for himself..."
No Depression - p.102"GUITARS, CADILLACS remains, more than two decades on, a remarkable -- even essential -- record."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.This Drinkin' Will Kill Me
- 2.It Won't Hurt
- 3.I'll Be Gone
- 4.Floyd Country
- 5.You're The One
- 6.Twenty Years
- 7.Please Daddy
- 8.Miner's Prayer
- 9.I Sang Dixie
- 10.Bury Me
- 11.Honky Tonk Man
- 12.It Won't Hurt
- 13.I'll Be Gone
- 14.South Of Cincinnati
- 15.Bury Me - (with Maria McKee)
- 16.Guitars, Cadillacs
- 17.Twenty Years
- 18.Ring Of Fire
- 19.Miner's Prayer
- 20.Heartaches By The Number
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Honky Tonk Man
- 2.Guitars, Cadillacs
- 3.Rocky Road Blues
- 4.Heartaches By The Number
- 5.I'll Be Gone
- 6.It Won't Hurt
- 7.My Bucket's Got A Hole In It
- 8.South of Cincinnati
- 9.Mystery Train
- 10.Ring Of Fire
- 11.Since I Started Drinking Again
GUITARS, CADILLACS, ETC., ETC. is an expanded version of an EP of the same title released on Oak Records in 1984.
Personnel: Dwight Yoakam (vocals, acoustic guitar, background vocals); Maria McKee (vocals); Pete Anderson (electric guitar, 6-string bass); Jay Dee Maness, Ed Black (pedal steel); David Mansfield (mandolin, dobro); Brantley Kearns (fiddle, background vocals); Glen D. Hardin, Gene Taylor (piano); J.D. Foster (bass, background vocals); Jeff Donavan (drums).
Engineers: Dusty Wakeman (tracks 1, 5-6, 10); Brian Levi (tracks 2-4, 7-9).
Recorded at Excalibur Studio, Studio City, California and Capitol Studio B, Hollywood, California.
Includes a bonus disc.
Personnel: Dwight Yoakam (vocals, guitar); Jerry McGee (guitar); Jay Dee Maness (pedal steel guitar); David Mansfield (mandolin); Glen D. Hardin (piano); Robert Wilson (bass guitar); Stu Perry (drums).
Just as Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson had done a decade-plus earlier, Dwight Yoakam arrived out of left field in the mid '80s with a fresh, honest sound that breathed fresh air into what had become a bland, commercialized country music scene. The later-for-the-b.s. New Traditionalist movement had already gotten under way via such artists as Rosanne Cash and John Anderson, but Yoakam hammered the message home in a major way, appealing to the pop/rock audience with his swaggering, bad-boy image and visceral approach.
GUITARS, CADILLACS, ETC., ETC. set the template Yoakam would follow for much of his career. The album is heavily influenced by the mid-'60s Bakersfield sound of Merle Haggard and (especially) Buck Owens. Some of the songs here are updated versions of old-school country classics (Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire," Johnny Horton's "Honky Tonk Man"), but even Yoakam's original tunes sound like they were cut from the same vintage cloth.
Return to Sin City - A Tribute to Gram Parsons (DVD)(2)
$8.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE