Besterberg: Best of Paul Westerberg
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$9 (64% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Replacements ~ Let It Be ~ $17.08
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: May 17, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Rhino
Uncut - p.1293 stars out of 5 - "[T]he addition of three unreleased rarities makes this essential."
- 1.Dyslexic Heart
- 2.Knockin on Mine
- 3.World Class Fad
- 4.Runaway Wind
- 6.Seein' Her
- 7.Man Without Ties
- 8.A Star Is Bored
- 9.Stain Yer Blood
- 10.Love Untold
- 11.Once Around the Weekend - (Alternate Mix, previously unreleased)
- 12.Angels Walk
- 13.It's a Wonderful Lie
- 14.Lookin' Out Forever
- 15.Nowhere Man
- 16.High Time
- 17.Let the Bad Times Roll
- 18.What a Day (For a Night)
- 19.All That I Had - (previously unreleased)
- 20.C'mon, C'mon, C'mon - (previously unreleased)
Includes 3 previously unreleased tracks.
Personnel: Paul Westerberg (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, slide guitar, melodica, piano, keyboards, drums, background vocals); Paul Westerberg (bass guitar); Brendan O'Brien (guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboards, bass guitar); Luther Covington (guitar); Rick Price (mandolin, bass guitar, background vocals); Don Was (acoustic bass, double bass); John Pierce , Keith Christopher (bass guitar); Henry Twiddle (drums); Elrod Puce (maracas, triangle, hand claps, background vocals); Charmony Brothers (background vocals); Suzie Katayama (cello, accordion); Benmont Tench (keyboards); Josh Freese, Michael Urbano (drums, percussion); Josh Kelly (drums, background vocals); Brian Macleod , Kenny Aronoff (drums); Matt Wallace (percussion, background vocals); Michael Bland (percussion).
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Photographers: Hayley Madden; Jim Steinfeldt; Frank Okenfels; Miranda Penn Turin; Kristin Callahan; Ron Pownall.
Destined to live in the shadow of his former band, the legendary Replacements, Minnesota singer/songwriter Paul Westerberg remained undaunted in embarking on his solo career in the early 1990s. While a number of initial Westerberg singles wouldn't have sounded out of place on the last few Replacements albums--most notably the pop-perfect "Dyslexic Heart" and the Stonesy "Knockin on Mine"--later efforts revealed a different approach. On the spare, emotive "It's a Wonderful Lie" and his aching rendition of the Beatles' "Nowhere Man," Westerberg dispenses with percussion entirely, while on "Let the Bad Times Roll" and "What a Day (For a Night)," he handles most instruments (including drums) himself, for a charmingly ramshackle effect. The cheekily named collection BESTERBERG features all of the aforementioned songs, along with a handful of non-album tracks. Fans will enjoy Westerberg's wry song commentary in the liner notes ("at this rate a hit song would embarrass me"), and newcomers will find an ideal starting point for exploring his underrated solo outings.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 56,282
- UPC: 081227464622
- Shipping Weight: 0.16/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE