Cheyenne Complete 1st Season (5-DVD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.33 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$19.65 (66% Off)|
- Interview with Clint Walker
- Featurette: The Lonely Gunfighter: The Legacy Of 'Cheyenne'
- Subtitles: French & Spanish (Episodes Only)
- Number of Discs: 5
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 10 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 6, 2006
- Originally Released: 1955
- Label: Warner Home Video
- 5-Disc Set
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Subitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subitles - French, Spanish - Optional
Disc 1: "Mountain Fortress," "Julesburg," "The Argonauts"
Disc 2: "Border Showdown," "The Outlander," "The Travelers"
Disc 3: "Decision," "The Storm Riders," "Rendezvous at Red Rock"
Disc 4: "West of the River," "Quicksand," "Fury at Rio Hondo"
Disc 5: "Star in the Dust," "Johnny Bravo," "The Last Train West"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||L.Q. Jones, Clint Walker, Leslie H. Martinson & George Waggner|
|Executive Production by||William T. Orr|
Description by OLDIES.com:
This DVD set contains the complete first season, 15 episodes that pit the laconic hero against rustlers, outlaws, hostile Indians, a crooked sheriff and trigger-happy hooligans. Bullets scream, wit and fists fly, justice prevails. And, as the dust settles, riding off to new adventure is Cheyenne Bodie (Clint Walker), six-and-a-half feet of cowboy brawn, courage and integrity.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 133 ratings.
I was just a little kid when Cheyenne was on, and he was my favorite cowboy. And realize this, that is no small statement when you understand that the 1950s was on T.V. absolutely cowboy territory.
If memory serves me well, I'd say on average in the 50s the three major networks, ABC, CBS and ABC all had on at least one western T.V. show each and every night of the week.So imagine the competition!
This one was a great one. No cowboy was more solid than Cheyenne in his cool, tough, steady, yet gentle attitudes.
Warner's made good use of out-takes from some of their major westerns of the years before, particularly for episodes with Indian fights to make the show seem shot on a bigger scale than would have been practical. But it all came off quite good when professionally put together with the star Clint Walker.
It may also be worth notting here for fans of James(Maverick-Rockford) Garner, that in this first season of discs he shows up several times, just before getting his own chance in Maverick, which I certainly hope to see offered here soon.
In any case, if you are a fan of westerns, and i can't imagine why you would be reading this now if not, you won't be disappointed in Cheyenne.
Top ranking DVD:
- The Decade You Were Born: The 40s - A Decade of War & Invention (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Pit and the Pendulum (1961) / Tales of Terror (1962) (DVD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- The Decade You Were Born: The 50s - A Decade of Change in America (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Edition) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) ~ $1.98 on SALE