Quiet Riot The Randy Rhoads Years
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 19, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Rhino
- 2.Laughing Gas - (previously unreleased, live)
- 3.Afterglow (Of Your Love) - (previously unreleased, acoustic version)
- 4.Killer Girls - (from "Quiet Riot II")
- 5.Picking Up The Pieces - (previously unreleased)
- 6.Last Call For Rock 'N' Roll - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Breaking Up Is A Heartache - (previously unreleased)
- 8.Force Of Habit - (previously unreleased)
- 9.It's Not So Funny - (from "Quiet Riot")
- 10.Look In Any Window - (from "Quiet Riot")
Quiet Riot: Kevin DuBrow (vocals); Randy Rhoads (guitar); Kelly Garni, Kenny Hillery (bass); Drew Forsyth (drums).
Producers: Warren Entner, Lee DeCarlo, Kevin DuBrow, Derek Lawrence.
Compilation producer: Kevin DuBrow.
Engineers include: Andy DeGanahl, Peter Granet, Lee DeCarlo.
Includes liner notes by Kevin DuBrow and Delores Rhoads.
Personnel: Kevin DuBrow (vocals); Randy Rhoads (guitar); Drew Forsyth (drums).
Audio Mixers: Gary Platt; Kevin Bemish; Andy de Ganahl.
Audio Remasterers: Chris Clarke; Ken Perry.
Recording information: Crystal Recorders, Hollywood, CA; Morrisound, Tampa, F; Record Plant, Hollywood, CA; Wally Heider, Los Angeles, CA.
Photographer: Ron Sobol.
Before Randy Rhoads found fame as the key ingredient in Ozzy Osbourne's solo band, he honed his craft as a member of Quiet Riot. While QR would eventually hit the big time themselves with 1983's METAL HEALTH, the L.A.-based band had been slugging it out on Sunset Strip (in one configuration or another) since the early 1970's, when singer Kevin DuBrow and Rhoads first joined forces.
Although the Rhoads-era Quiet Riot never issued any albums stateside, it did release a pair of albums in Japan (as well as having a backlog of live material and demos). THE RANDY RHOADS YEARS, spotlights some of Rhoads' finest work with QR. While the songwriting/playing isn't as strong and focused as Rhoads' future work with Ozzy, there are still plenty of six-string highlights here, such as "Laughing Gas" (which features an unaccompanied solo) and the anthemic stomper, "Killer Girls."
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE