Bee Gees Saturday Night Fever [Remastered]
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$16.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 10, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Rhino
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.126Ranked #131 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "The Bee Gees dominate, but the Trammps' hot-funk assault 'Disco Inferno' affirms disco's black R&B roots."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.28Ranked #3 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks" - "...The unlikely music of emancipation..."
Vibe - 12/99, p.162Included in Vibe's 100 Essential Albums of the 20th Century
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/02, p.67Included in Mojo's "100 Coolest Movie Soundtracks" - "...The ultimate disco epic..."
NME (Magazine) - 9/18/93, p.19Ranked #35 among The Greatest Albums Of The '70s.
- 1.Bee GeesStayin' Alive
- 2.Bee GeesHow Deep Is Your Love
- 3.Bee GeesNight Fever
- 4.Bee GeesMore Than A Woman
- 5.Yvonne EllimanIf I Can't Have You
- 6.Walter MurphyA Fifth Of Beethoven
- 7.TavaresMore Than A Woman
- 8.David ShireManhattan Skyline
- 9.Ralph MacDonaldCalypso Breakdown
- 10.David ShireNight On Disco Mountain
- 11.Kool & The GangOpen Sesame
- 12.Bee GeesJive Talkin'
- 13.Bee GeesYou Should Be Dancing
- 14.KC & The Sunshine BandBoogie Shoes
- 15.David ShireSalsation
- 17.The TrammpsDisco Inferno
Includes liner notes by John Tobler.
Digitally remastered by Joseph M. Palmaccio (Polygram Studios).
Personnel: Barry Gibb (vocals, guitar); Maurice Gibb (vocals, electric guitar); Robin Gibb (vocals); Alan Kendall (guitar, electric guitar, steel guitar); Dennis Budimir, Bob Bowles, Lee Ritenour , Mitch Holder (guitar); Jerome Richardson (trumpet); Sonny Burke (piano, keyboards); Eddie Cano (piano); Blue Weaver (keyboards, synthesizer); Ralph Grierson (keyboards); Freddie Perren (synthesizer, percussion); Michael Boddicker (synthesizer); Dennis Bryon (drums, percussion); James Gadson, Mark Stevens, Mike Baird (drums); Chino Valdez (congas); Bob Zimmitti (timbales, percussion); Joe Lala, Paulinho Da Costa, Steve Forman , Emil Richards, George "Chocolate" Perry (percussion); Julia Tillman Waters, Maxine Willard Waters, Marti McCall (background vocals).
Recording information: Chƒteau d'Herouville, France; Criteria Studios, Miami, FL; Le Studio, Quebec, Canada; The Burbank Studios, Burbank, CA; The Mom And Pops Company Store, Studio City, CA.
Arrangers: David Shire; Harry Wayne "K.C." Casey; Freddie Perren; Ron Kersey; Richard Finch; Bobby Martin ; Walter Murphy.
The disco revival came in the mid-90s and white suits, dodgy shirt collars and trousers with massive flares were once again the order of the day. While this album's success drove people mad as punk's enemy in the late 70s, it is now seen as a great piece of musical history. The Bee Gees did write some meaningful songs (with very high voices) on this but there is further perfect disco soul from Yvonne Elliman ("If I Can't Have You"), Tavares and Kool And The Gang. This is one soundtrack that is better than the film, well, only just.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 186 ratings.
Based on 186 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Lowdown Unauthorized:Tupac Shakur (CD) ~ $5.57 CYBER WEEK
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER WEEK
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER WEEK