- Released: October 11, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Varese Sarabande
- 1.The Thing: God's Country Music
- 2.The Thing: Road to Antartica
- 3.The Thing: Into the Cave
- 4.The Thing: Eye of the Survivor
- 5.The Thing: Meet and Greet
- 6.The Thing: Autopsy
- 7.The Thing: Cellular Activity
- 8.The Thing: Finding Filling
- 9.The Thing: Well Done
- 10.The Thing: Female Persuasion
- 11.The Thing: Survivors
- 12.The Thing: Open Your Mouth
- 13.The Thing: Antarctic Standoff
- 14.The Thing: Meating of the Minds
- 15.The Thing: Sander Sucks at Hiding
- 16.The Thing: Can't Stand the Heat
- 17.The Thing: Following Sander's Lead
- 18.The Thing: In the Ship
- 19.The Thing: Sander Bucks
- 20.The Thing: The End
- 21.The Thing: How Did You Know?
Audio Mixer: John Kurlander.
Liner Note Author: Matthijs Van Hijningen.
Recording information: Pianella Studios; Warner Brothers Eastwood stage.
Composer Marco Beltrami's appropriately tense and brooding score for director Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.'s 2011 reboot of The Thing dutifully echoes Ennio Morricone's stark score for the original version, which in its own way echoed the soundtrack work of that film's director, John Carpenter. Pieces like "Road to Antarctica," with its impish, John Williams-inspired woodwinds, and "Can't Stand the Heat," with its taut and patient, molasses-like percussive build, show great respect for the source material, while carving out a macabre sense of wonder all their own. The few repeated motifs that Beltrami establishes are used sparingly, but they're memorable enough to warrant instant recognition, even as the world goes to hell behind them. ~ James Christopher Monger