- Vintage Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 31, 2005
- Originally Released: 1965
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Mono 1.0 English
- Mono 1.0 French
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 06/03/2005
"Carrying KID is one of the best casts ever..."
Sight and Sound - 03/01/2006
"[McQueen] conveys a wistfulness and a sense of mystery."
Description by OLDIES.com:
A few words for anyone who sits at the poker table with the Kid: Read 'em and weep.
Steve McQueen brings his cool fire to the role of The Cincinnati Kid, a small-timer eager to take his chances in high-stakes poker. He gets his chance. Regal, ruthless Lancey Howard (Edward G. Robinson), the elite gambler called the Man, accepts the Kid's challenge. Norman Jewison (In the Heat of the Night, Moonstruck) directs this taut exploration of back-room gaming, building suspense with each turn of a card. And Ann-Margret, Karl Malden, Rip Torn, Joan Blondell and many more comprise a full house of talent. Grab a chair and ante up!
Period Piece |
Scams And Cons |
- Additional cast members include Emile Genest (Cajun) and Midge Ware (Mrs. Slade).