- Released: May 29, 2001
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Intersound Records
- 1.Renegade Master - (Fatboy Slim Old Skool mix)
- 2.Get up! Go Insane! - (Fatboy Really Lost It mix)
- 3.World's Made up of This and That, The - (Fatboy Slim remix)
- 4.What Is Kahuna? - (Fatboy Slim's "Smell The Kahuna" mix)
- 5.Dubby Jointy - (Fatboy Slim remix)
- 6.Magic Carpet Ride - (Fatboy Slim Latin Ska Acid Breakbeat mix)
- 7.I'm a Disco Dancer (And a Sweet Romancer) - (Fatboy Slim remix)
- 8.Roll the Dice - (Fatboy Slim Vocal mix)
- 9.King of Snake - (Fatboy Slim remix)
- 10.E.V.A. - (Fatboy Slim remix)
Fatboy Slim: Norman Cook.
Much of contemporary electronica's sub genre categories such as big beat and funky breaks would be nowhere today if Fatboy Slim had not put them on the musical map. Sampling liberally from a vast collection of vintage funk, reggae, hip hop, and electronic music, Norman Cook (a.k.a. Fatboy Slim) has created a musical universe armed only with a sampler and stacks of vinyl. Greatest Remixes compiles much of Cook's early Fatboy material released on various labels. Combining pitched up funk breaks, wildstyle turntablism, acid house synths, and musical sources as disparate as salsa and 60's Moog records, the music displays an energy and playfulness reminiscent of early hip hop. Forgoing the rigid musical formula that is so pervasive in much of current techno, Cook is inspired by a more eclectic approach that embraces the disparity of his many sources. "What Is Kahuna" benefits from a decidedly lo-fi approach. The nearly go go sounding beats sound as if they were recorded through an AM radio adding to the track's visceral appeal. The turntable cutting and vocal snippets add to the song's dynamic force, adding an almost Miami Bass feel to it. His remix of The Mighty Dub Katz "Magic Carpet Ride" is an excursion into mutant latin ska breaks. With it's meringue style horns and insistent crashing breakbeat, the track moves along with a catchy bollywood vocal snippet.