- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 8 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 7, 2010
- Originally Released: 1974
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- PCM Mono - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The gripping true story of a journalist whose search for a Nazi murderer leads him to the discovery of a secret Nazi organization file named "Odessa." Based on the novel by Frederick Forsythe.
Set in 1963 Germany, right after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, a young German freelance journalist finds himself in possession of a journal left by a concentration camp survivor who has committed suicide. From the diary the journalist realizes that former Nazi SS officers are still living in Germany protected by the government and furnished with money and whatever else they need by an underground society called "Odessa." His attempt to track down one particular notorious officer leads him to discover the truth about something that happened in the past.
Theatrical Release |
- Co-produced by Oceanic Films (Germany).
- Shot on location in Germany, Bavaria Studios in Munich, and Pinewood Studios London, England. Color by Eastmancolor.
- Additional cast: Klaus Löwitsch played Gustav Mackensen.
- Additional credits: Pia Arnold (production supervisor), Raimund Stangl (makeup), Susi Krause (hairstylist), Alan O'Duffy (music recorder), Renate Neuch & Jenia Reisser (casting), Wieland Liebske (assistant director), Elaine Schreyeck (continuity), and John Rosenberg (script editor).