Anti-Flag The Terror State
|You Save:||$0.80 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: October 20, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Fat Wreck Chords
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Turncoat
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Rank N' File
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Post-War Breakout
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Sold as Freedom
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Power to the Peaceful
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Mind the G.A.T.T.
- $0.99 on iTunes7.You Can Kill the Protestor But You Can't Kill the Protest
- $0.99 on iTunes8.When You Don't Control Your Government People Want to Kill You
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Wake up!
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Tear Down the Borders
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Death of a Nation
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Operation Iraqi Liberation (O.I.L.)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.One People, One Struggle
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Intital pressings of THE TERROR STATE include a bonus track entitled "Fuck The Flag."
Anti-Flag: Chris Head, Justin Sane (vocals, guitar); Chris #2 (vocals, bass); Pat Thetic (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Skate Park and Mr. Small's Theater, Millvale, Pennsylvania.
Personnel: Justin Sane, Chris Head (vocals, guitar); Pat Thetic (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Jason Livermore; Bill Stevenson.
Recording information: Mr. Small's Funhouse, Millvale, PA.
Editor: Andrew Berlin.
Photographer: David Cooper.
Over the course of numerous uniformly excellent albums, Anti-Flag has established itself as one the most musically accomplished, intelligent, and passionate politically inclined punk bands on the hardcore scene. Unlike similar groups, whose knuckle-headed propagandizing rarely gets beyond well-meaning but simplistic sloganeering designed more to incite unrest than to solve problems, the Pittsburgh-based foursome carefully considers its viewpoints before committing them to wax (to the extent that each song is accompanied by an explanation complete with bibliographical references).
Musically, Anti-Flag takes cues not only from old-school masters like the Exploited and the Descendents, but explores advanced harmonic and rhythmic territory that recalls everyone from the similarly minded Rage Against the Machine to legendary Canadian prog-rockers Rush. Of special mention are Chris #2's snappy basslines, which often drive the songs in Bruce Foxton (of the Jam)-like fashion. With super-clean production that rivals the output of any major label wannabes, THE TERROR STATE ups the ante for socially conscious punk by infusing the oft-tiresome genre with welcome doses of spirit, chops, and musical inventiveness.
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 103 ratings.
Based on 103 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!