Gong Angel's Egg (Radio Gnome Invisible, Pt. 2) [EMI]
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Gong ~ Flying Teapot (Radio Gnome Invisible, Volume 1) ~ $11.68
- by Miroslav Vitous ~ Infinite Search ~ $8.48
- by Steve Hillage ~ L ~ $10.78
- by Gong ~ You (Radio Gnome Invisible, Pt. 3) [Virgin Bonus Track] ~ $11.65
- Released: October 4, 2004
- Label: Caroline
- 1.Other Side Of The Sky
- 2.Sold To The Highest Buddah
- 3.Castle In The Clouds
- 4.Prostitute Poem
- 5.Givin My Luv To You
- 7.Flute Salad
- 8.Oily Way
- 9.Outer Temple
- 10.Inner Temple
- 12.Love Is How Y Make It
- 13.I Never Glid Before
- 14.Eat That Phone Book Coda
- 16.Other Side Of The Sky - (single version)
- 17.Ooby-Scooby Doomsday Or The D-Day DJ's Got The D.D.T. Blues
- 18.Love Is How Y Make It - (1973 vocal mix)
- 19.Eat The Phone Book Coda - (early version)
Gong: Tim Blake (vocals, synthesizer); Steve Hillage (guitar); Mike Howlett (bass guitar); Pierre Moerlen (percussion).
Personnel: Dingo Virgin (guitar).
Audio Remasterer: Paschal Byrne.
In retrospect, it's hard to believe both FLYING TEAPOT and its successor ANGELS EGG were released within months of each other in 1973. Each is an elaborate, distinct musical statement. ANGEL'S EGG is the second installment in Gong's legendary "Radio Gnome Trilogy," and it expands upon the ground broken by TEAPOT admirably. Though the band was still pursuing their spacy art-rock direction, the sound here became simultaneously jazzier and more ethereal. Didier Malherbe's sax and flute took a more active role, as did Steve Hillage's elaborate guitar textures.
An important personnel shift had also occured with the arrival of drummer Pierre Moerlen, mallet percussionist Mirielle Bauer and bassist Mike Howlett. These three were very much of the fusion school. After singer/songwriter Daevid Allen's departure, they would turn Gong into a full-fledged fusion outfit, but with Allen's whimsical songcraft still the defining factor, they simply add a more sophisticated instrumental edge. ANGEL'S EGG is a bit more sophisticated than TEAPOT, but an equal masterpiece.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE