Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 13, 2011
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS - English, French
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"What's the difference between a killer and the rest of us'" Brian Kessler (DAVID DUCHOVNY) in his voiceover narration
"Boys will be boys!"
- Adele Corners (JULIETTE LEWIS) to Carrie Laughlin (MICHELLE FORBES)
Sight and Sound - 04/01/1994
"...[Pitt gives] a show-stopping performance..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/03/1993
"...Unflinchingly honest...Well-acted....The suspense screws up tighter than a drum-head. The characters remain believable; we have a conflict of personalities, not stereotypes. The action coexists seamlessly with the message..."
Total Film - 05/01/2012
3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]his slick thriller presses most of the right buttons..."
After finishing a magazine assignment on serial killers, journalist Brian Kessler (David Duchovny) is so fascinated that he decides to co-author a book on homicidal maniacs with his exhibitionist-photographer girlfriend Carrie Laughlin (Michelle Forbes). En route to California, where the bored yuppies plan to build a new life in a land more receptive to Carrie's art, they pick up an unusual couple, Early Grayce (Brad Pitt) and Adele Corners (Juliette Lewis). Conveniently, Grayce happens to be a serial killer and serves, along the way, as Brian's in-house specimen. Soon Brian learns that having a real-life murderer in his car is a lot different--and more dangerous--than his long-distance obsession with killers led him to imagine.
Good Vs. Evil |
- Dominic Sena had previously directed music videos and commercials.
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in CinemaScope.
- Michael Kuhn is credited as the "Big Cheese."
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.