Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 13, 2011
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Note: Audio commentary with cast, crew and undead
- Audio commentary with director Dan O'Bannon and production designer William Stout
- The decade of darkness featurette
- The Returnof the Living Dead - the dead have risen featurette
- Zombie subtitles for the film
- Designing the dead featurette
- Theatrical trailer: bloody version
- Theatrical trailer: Even bloodier version
- In their own words - the zombies speak
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English, French
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French
- Subtitles - Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 06/19/1985
"...Terrifically funny....Genuinely witty..."
Total Film - 08/01/2012
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] cheap 'n' cheerful zom-com....Humorously postmodern...it's a lot of fun."
Do you wanna party' The freshly risen undead certainly do in this horror-comedy that finds two employees of a medical supply company unwittingly releasing several zombies from cylinders in which they have been trapped for many years. The nasty brain-eating creatures are as hungry as ever, and eager to make up for lost time. Soon, the local citizenry is forced to deal with a large-scale zombie epidemic. The writer of ALIEN helmed this punk/horror pastiche.
A blood-filled spoof of zombie flicks, which fans of George Romero will especially enjoy (and you know who you are). The rotting cadavers of a graveyard are resurrected by a deadly, gaseous emission. Unfortunately, the gruesome ghoulies just love to dine upon human brains, to the "grave" displeasure of the nearby townsfolk. How will the citizens rid themselves of their gore-lovin', gut-munchin' visitors'
Theatrical Release |