The Searchers (50th Anniversary) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Widescreen) (2-DVD)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$16.77 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.10 (11% Off)|
- Audio Commentary by Ford biographer Peter Bogdanovich
- 5 Documentaries: Meet Jeffrey Hunter, Monument Valley, Meet Natalie Wood, Setting Up Production & A Turning Of The Earth: John Ford, John Wayne and 'The Searchers'
- Interviews 'The Searchers': An Appreciation
- Introduction by Patrick Wayne
- 2 Original Theatrical Trailers: The Searchers Trailer & The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford Trailer
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: June 6, 2006
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Box Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- 2.0 Spanish
- Mono 1.0 French
- Additional Release Material:
- Introduction: Intro by Patrick Wayne
- Audio Commentary: Peter Bogdanovich
- Interviews: The Searchers: An Appreciation
- Theatrical Trailer:
- The Searchers Trailer
- The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford Trailer
- Behind the Cameras (4-parts)
- Meet Jeffrey Hunter
- Monument Valley
- Meet Natalie Wood
- Setting Up Production
- A Turning of the Eart: John Ford, John Wayne, and the Searchers
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Wayne & Jeffrey Hunter|
|Performer:||Vera Miles, Ward Bond, Natalie Wood, John Qualen, Olive Carey & Henry Brandon|
|Directed by||John Ford|
|Edited by||Jack Murray|
|Screenwriting by||Frank S. Nugent|
|Composition by||Max Steiner|
|Art Direction by||Frank Hotaling & James Basevi|
|Produced by||Merian C. Cooper & C. V. Whitney|
|Director of Photography:||Winton C. Hoch|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"...Heads many a list of all-time cinematic favorites....Stunning..."
"...An audience favorite from the beginning -- and a creative influence on a generation of filmmakers..."
"...THE SEARCHERS contains scenes of magnificence, and one of John Wayne's best performances. There are shots that are astonishingly beautiful..."
"...The Western that bowled over a generation of film schoolers, from Lucas to Scorsese to Spielberg..."
4 stars out of 5 -- "[T]ender and insightful. It will cut you up."
5 stars out of 5 -- "Ford's picture is relentlessly unpretentious; tackling Big Themes without neon-slicking them or telling us what to think."
5 stars out of 5 -- "It's a thoughtful, and rather dark piece....Ford used Monument Valley as a canvas for the breathtaking photography."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Beautifully shot by Winton C. Hoch, thrillingly scored by Max Steiner and memorably acted by a wonderful ensemble including Jeffrey Hunter, Vera Miles, Natalie Wood and Ward Bond, The Searchers endures as "a great film of enormous scope and breathtaking physical beauty." -(Danny Peary, "Guide for the Film Fanatic").
- THE SEARCHERS was an original selection to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1989.
- Color by Technicolor; filmed in VistaVision.
- The song "The Searchers" composed by Stan Jones.
- Lana Wood, who plays Debbie Edwards as a little girl, is the younger sister of actress Natalie Wood.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 356 ratings.
Top ranking titles in the Westerns genre:
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $1.79 CYBER WEEK
- Hopalong Cassidy Classics, Volume 1: 15-Movie Collection (3-DVD) ~ $5.39 CYBER WEEK
- Monogram Cowboy Collection, Volume 9 (3-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $19.90 CYBER WEEK
- The Randolph Scott Round-Up, Volume 2: 6 Classic Westerns (2-DVD) ~ $6.29 CYBER WEEK
- Dodge City (DVD) ~ $5.98 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER WEEK
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER WEEK
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.