|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.36 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.61 (23% Off)|
- Commentary by Director John Boorman & Filmmaker Steven Soderbergh
- 2 Vintage Featurettes: The Rock: Part 1 & The Rock: Part 2
- Languages: English & French
- Subtitles: English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 5, 2005
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Mono 1.0 English
- Mono 1.0 French
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Directors John Boorman and Steven Soderbergh
- Featurette: Vintage Featurettes The Rock Part 1 and The Rock Part 2
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Lee Marvin, Angie Dickinson, Keenan Wynn & Carroll O'Connor|
|Performer:||Sharon Acker, Michael Strong, James B. Sikking, John Vernon, Lloyd Bochner, Angie Dickinson, Carroll O'Connor & Keenan Wynn|
|Directed by||John Boorman|
|Edited by||Henry Berman|
|Written by||Alexander Jacobs|
|Composition by||Johnny Mandel|
|Cinematography by||Philip H. Lathrop|
|Art Direction by||George W. Davis|
|Produced by||Judd Bernard|
"...[An] enigmatic and dreamlike work....Boorman makes brilliant use of his LA locations, filling the screen with starling, hallucinatory images..." -- 5 out of 5 Stars
"...A cult film....In a class with BONNIE AND CLYDE..." -- 3 1/2 out of 4 stars
"[A] tightly coiled noir."
5 stars out of 5 -- "Marvin is exceptional."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Lee Marvin is in full antihero mode as remorseless Walker, talking the talk and walking the walk in John Boorman's edgy neo-noir classic filled with imaginative New Wave style, blunt dialogue and Walker's relentless quest that, one by one, smashes into the corporate pecking order of a crime group called The Organization. Angie Dickinson plays the accomplice who uses her seductive wiles to ensnare one of Walker's prey. "I want my 93 grand, Walker growls at him." Throughout, the payoff to that demand is action that "hits like a fat slug from the .38 Lee Marvin uses as an extension of his fist." (Newsweek)
Description by Warner Home Video:
- Theatrical release: August 30, 1967.
- Shot on locations on Alcatraz Island, San Francisco, and in Los Angeles, California.
- Director John Boorman and actor Lee Marvin also worked together on HELL IN THE PACIFIC the following year.
- Boorman claims that on a day when, as a relatively inexperienced director, he reached the set with no idea how to shoot a given scene, Marvin noticed his confusion and quietly told him to take his time setting up the shot. He then feigned hungover incompetence, stopping the shoot until he saw that the director had a handle on the set-up, whereupon he returned to his sobriety, and Boorman proceeded to shoot.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 84 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 31,700
- UPC: 012569674141
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
© 2017 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.