Johnny Cash The Great Lost Performance (Live)
11 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Island
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1224 stars out of 5 -- "Cash is not only in fine, rugged voice, but in a chatty, tale-telling mood, cheerily introducing each song with its backstory."
- 1.Ring of Fire
- 2.Life's Railway to Heaven
- 3.A Wonderful Time up There
- 4.Folsom Prison Blues
- 5.Sunday Morning Coming Down
- 6.What Is Man
- 7.Forty Shades of Green
- 8.Come Along and Ride This Train
- 9.Five Feet High and Rising
- 10.Pickin' Time
- 11.A Beautiful Life
- 12.Hey Porter
- 13.Ragged Old Flag
- 14.Tennessee Flat Top Box
- 15.Ghost Riders in the Sky
- 17.The Wreck of Old '97
- 18.I Walk the Line
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Johnny Cash (vocals); Helen Carter Jones, June Carter Cash, Lucy Clark, Anita Carter (vocals); Bobby Harris, Bob Harris (mandolin); John Carter Cash (vocals, guitar); Kerry Marx (guitar); Earl Poole Ball (piano); Steve Logan (upright bass); W.S. Holland (drums).
Additional personnel: June Carter Cash, Lucy Clark.
Audio Mixers: Clark Enslin; Bobby Harris.
Recording information: The Paramount Theatre, Asbury Park, NJ (07/28/1990).
Photographers: Andrei Jackamets; Paul Natkin; Kevin Estrada.
Arranger: Fred Ridder.
Recorded in Asbury Park, New Jersey, this live set captures Johnny Cash and band as they sounded in 1990. Located and mixed some 17 years after the event, the tapes for GREAT LOST PERFORMANCE find the Man in Black in fine form.
The set list contains many of the usual suspects ("Ring of Fire;" "I Walk the Line"), and a few surprises (his only recorded version of the gospel gem "Wonderful Time Up There"), but it's the free and easy manner that Johnny and June Carter display, via their introductions and audience banter, that gives this date its warm charm. For those who never got the chance to hear the legend live, this is a golden opportunity to relive musical history.
Johnny Cash - The Best of the Johnny Cash TV Show,...
$32.51 Super Savings
Million Dollar QuartetThe Complete Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Carl...
$6.14 Super Savings
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Western TV Treasures: 150 Episode Collection (12-DVD)(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Collectables Gospel Classics, Volume 3 (Limited) (CD)(2)
$1.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE