Warner Archive Collection (series)
Kay Francis plays an aging gold-digger who finds that love may be waiting for her when the jig is finally up.
|You Save:||$5.19 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.37:1
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 29, 2012
- Originally Released: 1941
- Label: Warner Archives
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||James Ellison, Mildred Coles, Nigel Bruce & Margaret Hamilton|
|Directed by||Frank Woodruff|
|Edited by||Harry Marker|
|Screenplay by||Jerome Cady|
|Cinematography by||Nicholas Musuraca|
|Art Direction by||Van Nest Polglase|
|Story by||Jerome Cady|
|Produced by||Cliff Reid|
|Executive Production by||Lee Marcus|
Description by OLDIES.com:
In this edgy comedy that squeaked past the production code, Kay Francis returns to her roles of yore, playing an aging gold-digger. Grace Herbert gets by romancing men just long enough to land a hefty 'breach of promise' suit. When her latest fall-boy's old man runs her out of town before she can hook him, Grace takes it on the lam and heads down south. Realizing her better days are behind her, she takes on a protege (Mildred Coles), mentoring her in the finer arts of coquetry and courtship. Grace's young student is a fast learner (and how!) and is soon raking in money from wealthy suckers. But when Grace's young apprentice falls in love with a handsome Texan, she abandons her ways -- only for Grace to discover the Texan is worth millions. Can Grace stir her away from the straight and narrow before the golden goose heads back to Texas?
A very young Loretta Young stars in this domestic drama in which a naïve department store clerk falls for an inveterate gambler. The clerk, Buster Green, falls in love with handsome Wallie Dennis (Norman Foster) at a dance and marries him after a whirlwind romance. But their wedded bliss is ruined by Wallie's gambling habit and a pregnant Buster is forced to return to the Mayfield Department Store counter. In an effort to salvage her crumbling marriage, Buster plays on a dark horse to win the Big Race but is cheated out of her prize by unscrupulous bookie Martie Happ (Noel Madison). An angered Wallie picks a fight with Happ and is arrested by the police. Buster, meanwhile, delivers a baby girl and Wallie, who has been released due to the happy circumstances, bets that their next child will be a boy.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 17,734
- UPC: 883316456156
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (FS) (DVD-R)
$13.34 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Charlie Chan 3-Film Collection (The Red Dragon / The Feathered Serpent / The Sky Dragon) (2-Disc) (DVD-R) ~ $21.32 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Night of Medusa (2016) / Slave Girls on the Moon (2014) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Dead End Kids Vs. Spies, Incorporated (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE