Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 6, 2011
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Feature Commentary by Director Raja Gosnell and Producer David T. Friendly
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Director's Commentary
- Building Big Momma's House
- Makeup Test
- Outtakes/Blooper Reel
- Music Videos: "Bounce With Me" by Lil' Bow Wow and "I've Got to Have It" by Jermaine Dupri featuring Nas & Monica
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 06/02/2000
"...[The film is] fitfully amusing..."
USA Today - 06/02/2000
"...There's something about a plus-size floral housedress that brings out the best in many male comics, and Lawrence is no exception..."
Hollywood Reporter - 06/06/2000
"...Lawrence brings down the house....[An] energetic but disciplined performance....[Long is] amply talented..."
Total Film - 08/01/2000
"...Lawrence keeps the laughs flowing..."
Premiere - 12/01/2000
"...[Lawrence is] an impressive, often hilarious sight....Its genial nature and sharp cast...put it over the top..." -- 3 out of 5 stars - A Satisfying Rental
Chicago Sun-Times - 06/09/2000
"...Lawrence is a gifted actor....BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE has some big laughs..."
FBI Agent Malcolm Turner (Martin Lawrence) is a master of disguise who can transform himself to resemble anyone in order to crack a case. When a brutal criminal breaks out of prison to regain his hoard of stolen money, his former girlfriend Sherry (Nia Long) flees with her son to her childhood home in Georgia, where her grandmother Hattie Mae lives, known to her friends as Big Momma. The FBI learns that Big Momma has been called away suddenly on family business, and in order to keep Sherry under surveillance, Agent Turner must take on the role of a lifetime: Big Momma herself. Can Turner find out where the hidden money is and cook a southern-style dinner at the same time while also falling in love with the sweet, innocent Sherry' A hilarious and tender comedy showcase for Lawrence, who brings the world a brand-new Big Momma with newfound tendencies to perform karate, play basketball, and show the world who's in charge, BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE comes from Raja Gosnell, director of NEVER BEEN KISSED.
Martin Lawrence stars in this comedy about an FBI agent who finds himself going undercover in the Deep South, with incredibly outrageous results. Lawrence portrays Malcolm Turner, a master of disguise whose talent is tested to its fullest when he confronts his latest case. Confident that a dangerous bank robber and fugitive is setting his sights on the criminal's ex-girlfriend, Sherry (Nia Long), Turner must slip into the large shoes of Sherry's grandmother and figure out a way to crack the case. Hilarity ensues in this comic romp from editor-turned-director Raja Gosnell.
FBI Agents |
Small Towns |
- Theatrical release: June 2, 2000.
- In September 1999 actor Lawrence collapsed and briefly fell into a coma as a result of preparing for the production of this film. He was trying to lose weight and was jogging while wearing heavy clothing. While shooting the film, Lawrence's Big Momma costume was designed with a special cooling system.
- In order to have Martin Lawrence's makeup look as much like Big Momma as possible, actress Ella Mitchell was fitted with special facial prosthetics that made her look more like Lawrence.
- Lawrence's makeup took six hours to apply at the beginning of production. By the end of filming this had been streamlined down to two hours.