- Released: August 28, 2007
- Label: Sony
- 1.Amor Gitano - (featuring Alejandro Fern ndez)
- 2.Listen (Oye) - ((Spanish Version))
- 3.Irreplaceable (Irreemplazable)
- 4.Beautiful Liar (Bello Embustero) - ((Spanish Version))
- 5.Beautiful Liar - (remix, featuring Shakira)
- 6.Beautiful Liar - ((Spanglish Version))
- 7.Irreplaceable - (Irreemplazable Nortena remix)
- 8.Get Me Bodied - (Timbaland remix, with Voltio)
Additional personnel: Voltio.
By the 2000s, the rise of Latin pop, reggaeton, and Rock en Espanol (mirroring the booming Latin population in the United States) made it possible for mainstream pop stars to cross market. Reigning contemporary R&B queen Beyonce did just that with her 2007 EP IRREEMPLAZABLE, which contains eight tracks, four of which are in Spanish. The EP's centerpiece is Beyonce's 2006 smash hit "Irreplaceable," sung in Spanish, along with Spanish-language versions of "Listen" and "Beautiful Liar."
Given the slick pop sheen of Beyonce's tunes, their immediate accessibility and hookiness, it's not at all odd that they translate so well. This is the sort of pop that isn't culturally specific, but the Spanish language vocals clearly gives the EP an extra appeal in Latin communities. The lead-off track, "Amor Gitano," sets the tone, while a Spanglish version of "Beautiful Liar," and remixes of the English-language versions of "Beautiful Liar," "Irreplaceable," and "Get Me Bodied" (featuring mix work by Timbaland) round out the package.