- Released: September 24, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Grp Records
- 1.Skating - (featuring Earl Klugh)
- 2.Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
- 3.Angels We Have Heard on High
- 4.Christmas Time Is Here - (featuring Michael Franks)
- 5.Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
- 6.Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - (featuring Dave Brubeck)
- 7.Do You Hear What I Hear?
- 8.Christmas Is Coming
- 9.Silent Night
- 10.Remembering Christmas
- 11.First No‰l, The (Theme)
- 12.The Christmas Song
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: David Benoit (piano, keyboards); Michael Franks (vocals); Earl Klugh, Robert Benoit (guitar); Dave Brubeck (piano); John Patitucci (acoustic bass); Gary Novak, Harvey Mason, Sr. , Tony Morales (drums); Brad Dutz (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Clark Germain.
Audio Remixer: Elliot Scheiner.
Recording information: 29th Street Studio, Torrance, CA; Ocean Way Recording, Hollywood, CA; The Make Believe Ballroom, W. Shokan, NY.
Photographer: Tracy Lamonica.
Arranger: David Benoit.
Remembering Christmas is an engaging, low-key holiday album from keyboardist David Benoit. Choosing a selection of traditional carols and contemporary classics, and throwing in the original title track for good measure, the album is warm and joyous, especially when musicians like Dave Brubeck, Michael Franks and Earl Klugh drop by to spread some holiday cheer. It's a good record for relaxing during the hectic moments of the holiday season, and it's one the adults will love more than the children. ~ Rodney Batdorf