- Released: September 1, 1992
- Label: Telarc
- 1.Christmas Medley: Jingle Bells / Santa Claus Is Coming To Town / Winter Weather / Winter Wonderland
- 2.Sleigh Ride
- 3.The Christmas Song
- 4.Glow Worm
- 5.The Christmas Feeling
- 6.It Happened in Sun Valley
- 7.Christmastime Is Here
- 8.Good King Wenceslas
- 9.What Child Is This? - (TRUE instrumental)
- 10.Silver Bells
- 11.Christmas Was Made For Children
- 12.The Christmas Waltz
- 13.Christmas Medley: Just Look Around / Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
- 14.God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - (TRUE instrumental)
- 15.Christmas Medley: Happy Holiday / Let's Start The New Year / What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
- 16.White Christmas
Personnel: Mel Torme (vocals), John Colianni (piano), John Leitham (bass), Donny Osborne (drums).
Recorded in the Music Hall, Cincinnati, on April 5-6, 1992 and Commercial Recording, Cleveland, Ohio on June 19-21, 1992. Includes liner notes by Donald Elfman.
Cincinnati Sinfonietta conducted by Keith Lockhart.
Because Mel Torm‚ co-wrote "The Christmas Song," it was a surprise to many of his fans that when he recorded this full-length Christmas album for Telarc in 1992, it was his first. Since he is backed by a large orchestra (conducted by Keith Lockhart) in addition to his regular trio and the emphasis is on ballad renditions, Torm‚ does not get many opportunities to scat and swing on this pleasing but unadventurous set. However, the 16-track album, which includes several medleys and a pair of instrumentals for the orchestra, features tasteful and melodic Torm‚ interpretations of 20 Christmas-associated songs, and the album is worthwhile, if not essential. ~ Scott Yanow