- Released: June 27, 2011
- Label: Beat Goes Public Bgp
- 1.Burning Spear - S. O. U. L.
- 2.What The Matter For Ya - Eternal Flames
- 3.Stir It Up - Johnny Jacobs
- 4.Time Is Winding Up - Dorothy Norwood
- 5.What More Can I Ask For - Betty Gouche
- 6.Talk Is Cheap - Unknown
- 7.I'll Give You My Love - Sue Ann Jones
- 8.My Man - He's A Lovin' Man - Linda Lyndell
- 9.Walkin' The Duck - Jim Pipkin & The Boss Five
- 10.Junkyard Dog - Miles Grayson and The Mylestones
- 11.I Got Some (Inst) - The Dave Hamilton Studio Players
- 12.Help Your Brothers - Cross Bronx Expressway
- 13.Gonna Have A Good Time - David Camon
- 14.Over Dose (of Your Love) - The Two Things In One
- 15.It Ain't The Beauty It's The Booty - Chico & Buddy
- 16.Help Me - Archie Russell
- 17.Fix It - O. C. Tolbert
- 18.Confusion - The Two Things In One
- 19.Oracabessa - The Ebony Godfathers
- 20.Don't Knock My Love - The Sixth Sense
The return of the best-selling Super Funk
series from BGP. 20 tracks of super-rare funk, 13 previously unreleased.
Of the seven issued titles, Betty Gouche's is one of the most in-demand records of the moment, having been championed by Ian Wright in the UK. Also highly regarded is the Jim Pipkin, James Brown-alike Walking The Duck, while the Eternal Flames' record would set you back hundreds of pounds. The other four are in-demand and none could be bought for less than £100.
The unissued tracks include an instrumental version of the break-beat classic I Got Some, perfect for producers wanting to swipe the beat. There's a strong chunk of gospel funk from Dorothy Norwood, gems from the Music City and Dave Hamilton vaults and a scorching slice of southern fried sister funk Talk Is Cheap by an unknown soul singer.
Perhaps the biggest coup is finding an unreleased track by the great, but sadly under-recorded Linda Lyndell.