Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 23, 2011
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Mill Creek Ent
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I do NOT wanna die! And if I do, I wanna do it on my own terms!"
- Cindy Liggett (SHARON STONE)
"I can't change that, I can only change myself."
- Cindy Liggett (SHARON STONE), referring to the crime she committed.
Sight and Sound - 10/01/1996
"...Plenty of delectable moments....Sharon Stone performs flashily..."
Variety - 04/29/1996
"...Quaid is flavorful....[The film] has an authentic feel..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/03/1996
"...It makes a good showcase for Stone....She does a good job of disappearing into the role..."
A woman on death row for a double murder she committed 12 years earlier finds hope against all odds when a low-level bureaucrat assigned to review her case becomes convinced she shouldn't die for her crime. Despite political pressure to allow the much-delayed execution, the young attorney fights for a commuted sentence, developing a touching bond with the resigned inmate.
Law / Lawyers |
Prison / Prisoners |
Theatrical Release |
Women In Prison
- Theatrical release: May 3, 1996.
- Shot in Nashville, Tennessee; Ridgeland, South Carolina; and Uttar Pradesh, India.