- Released: September 23, 2003
- Label: Time Life Records
- 1.White Christmas - Tammy Wynette
- 2.Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley
- 3.Christmas in Dixie - Alabama
- 4.Hard Candy Christmas - Dolly Parton
- 5.Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - Vince Gill
- 6.Pretty Paper - Willie Nelson
- 7.Little Drummer Boy, The - Johnny Cash
- 8.What Child Is This? - The Judds
- 9.Christmas Song, The - Randy Travis
- 10.I'll Be Home for Christmas - John Anderson
- 11.Christmas Time's A-Coming - Emmylou Harris
- 12.Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy - Buck Owens
- 13.Holly Jolly Christmas, A - Alan Jackson
- 14.Here Comes Santa Claus - Dwight Yoakam
- 15.Jingle Bell Rock - The Anita Kerr Singers / Bobby Helms
- 16.Jingle Bells - Chet Atkins
- 17.Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
- 18.Silver Bells - Ronnie Milsap
- 19.O Come All Ye Faithful - George Jones
- 20.Silent Night - Jim Reeves
Includes liner notes by Charles McCardell.
This is part of Time Life's "Classic Country" series.
Liner Note Author: Charles McCardell.
Director: Suzanne Manlove.
Arrangers: D.F. Potter; Big Joe Maher.
This collection easily lives up to its name by featuring a stellar lineup of musicians performing time-honored holiday songs. Tammy Wynette sets the mood with a gorgeous rendition of "White Christmas," followed by Elvis Presley's signature take on "Blue Christmas." Dolly Parton sings achingly of a "Hard Candy Christmas," while Willie Nelson contributes his own classic tune, "Pretty Paper." Willie's dear friend Johnny Cash lends his unmistakable baritone voice to an excellent 1959 version of "The Little Drummer Boy," in which the Man in Black leaves the "a-rum-pa-pa-pum" refrain to his back-up singers. Elsewhere, Emmylou Harris saunters through "Christmas Time's A-Comin'," and Buck Owens offers up his humorous "Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy." Although many of these recordings were made before 1980, country of the late '80s and early '90s is represented by artists such as Randy Travis, Dwight Yoakam, and the Judds.